Today's Verse - Genesis 1:1 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Genesis 1:1 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

We are creatures of the earth. Yes, we are much more than that, but occasionally, we must be reminded of our earth-bound existence at this time in our lives! We can't truly understand existence before, beyond, or above time. Yet before the beginning of time, as we know it, God existed — he has revealed himself as "I Am," the one who was, who is, and who is to come. Before there was an ordered universe to provide the basis of our existence, God was "I Am" — existing in the past, present, and future simultaneously! He existed before, beyond, and without our created universe and the limitations of space and time. We can't truly comprehend this in its entirety. That's why every new beginning — a day, a week, a year, or a millennium — should begin with God. He alone is the ultimate Genesis, the "I Am" present at every new beginning.

My Prayer...​

Almighty Creator and God of the universe, I praise you for your incomparable power and incomprehensible glory. As I begin this new year, I know my future rests in your will, grace, and salvation. Please go with me as I journey toward this new future. Please be glorified in how I live my life today, this year, and for as long as you give me earthly life. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. —1 Thessalonians 4:14 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... As horrible as the Cross was, it wasn't the final chapter of the Jesus' story. Jesus died and then rose again. We can...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. —1 John 4:21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Some things are very simple. We can't love God and refuse to love each other. This is not hard to understand. On the other hand, some of our "kinfolks" in the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. —Genesis 3:15 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God's words are his curse upon the serpent who tempted and lured Eve and Adam to sin. Satan is the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. —1 Peter 4:11 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication. —1 Thessalonians 4:3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Sanctified sounds "churchy" and old-fashioned to many people today. However, sanctified is a powerful God-fashioned word that means to make...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom