Today's Verse - Galatians 4:6 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Galatians 4:6 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

The first vocalizations of many babies are the syllables "ab, ab, ba, ba." Not surprisingly in Jesus' day, that was the name babies used for their fathers. When God saved us, he gave us his Spirit. The Holy Spirit blesses us in many ways, but one of the key blessings is his work with us in prayer. He intercedes for us when words won't do (Romans 8:26-27) and he helps us approach God with familiarity, dependency, and respect as we call God our Abba.

My Prayer...

Abba Father, thank you so much for loving me, saving me, and inviting me into your family. Thank you for the Holy Spirit, who is helping me right now as I share my thoughts, words, and emotions with you. Thank you, dear Father, for giving me the power to be what you want me to be. In Jesus' name. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.
dYIbBzs0yEg

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. —Galatians 2:20 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When we shared with Jesus in his...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of ? —Isaiah 2:22 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God will humble the arrogant. He has a day he has designated to do this. But, until that day dawns, God's Kingdom people must live knowing that even the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. —Galatians 4:4-5 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... The Father sent his Son. No one else would do as our...
Replies
Views
  • Article
As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. —Colossians 2:6-7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Jesus is our LORD, and our LORD, Jesus is our...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. —Genesis 2:24 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We are different! God makes us male and female so we can be complements of each other. Each of us, male or female, is made in...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom