Nobody is reading this thread right now.

"Now will I shortly pour out my fury upon thee, and accomplish mine anger upon thee: and I will judge thee according to thy ways, and will recompense thee for all thine abominations."

Ezekiel 7:8 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

Because God's people had repeatedly rebelled and chosen to turn an unhearing ear toward his will, God is about to let them face the consequences of their own sinfulness. He is ready to judge them using the harshest of standards because of their entrenched rebellion. We must remember that he wants us to be a holy people just as much as he did his Old Testament people. Let's be faithful to him, no matter the values of our culture.

My Prayer...

O God, please do not rebuke me in your wrath, but encourage me to live for you no matter my circumstances or my culture. I want to be faithful to you in all I do, say, and think. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.
E_mLec8d0ew

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God. —Ruth 1:16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This beautiful statement of loyalty...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Behold, the LORD thy God hath set the land before thee: go up and possess it, as the LORD God of thy fathers hath said unto thee; fear not, neither be discouraged. —Deuteronomy 1:21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... A word of encouragement is indispensable at the start of a new journey...
Replies
Views
  • Article
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. —Joshua 1:8 (KJV) Thoughts on...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow. —Isaiah 1:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... "As a man, you've got to learn to take care of Yourself!" My dad's words were worn into my heart as he gave me jobs and taught me responsibility...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. —Revelation 1:8 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... From beginning to end, our God is with us! What is there for us to fear? What can happen that can change this one...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom