Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

—Ephesians 4:29 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


We can use our words to be cute. We can use our words to appear impressive. We can use our words to win arguments. We can use our words to defend ourselves. We can use our words to lie and distort. We can use our words to do many things, but God wants us to use our words to bless. So when we speak, if our words do not bless and benefit those to whom we direct them, then we are to simply not say anything. Grandma was right. "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all."

My Prayer...​


Give me wisdom today, dear God, to speak words that bless my family, my co-workers, and those I meet. I want to be truthful, loving, kind, and merciful when I open my mouth and speak. May the words of my mouth be used in your service and to your glory today, dear LORD. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
One thing I refuse to do is argue or fuss with anyone in fact if you knew me very long you would know I love to laugh and love to make others laugh life is just too short to go around any other way, Praise His Holy Name!!!!
 
Blessings upon blessings shall come to those who have a clean heart, clean mind and pure words coming out from your mouth. Jesus loves to hear words that build up the body of Christ. Breath upon me Spirit of the Lord so I can speak the truth to lost souls we find anywhere we are.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. —Ephesians 4:29 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... The goal in Christian communication is not just clarity. The goal is not just to be...
Replies
0
Views
73
  • Article Article
For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: —Ephesians 5:8 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Our before and after: we were lost, now found; we were darkness, now light. This should be our journey of grace. "I once was lost, but now I'm found...
Replies
0
Views
79
  • Article Article
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: —Ephesians 4:15 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Speaking the truth is hard enough. You mean we have to do it in love? Yes, if we are to be Jesus' women or men, we must speak to others as he...
Replies
0
Views
203
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,153
Messages
16,796,727
Members
649,695
Latest member
Aeruolourior

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom