Today's Verse - Ephesians 1:13-14 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Ephesians 1:13-14 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

God is faithful to his word. He keeps his promises. But that faithfulness was not enough for him. He wanted us to have the full assurance of our future with him. So, he gave us a down payment, a deposit, so we could be sure of our inheritance and look forward to fully realizing our salvation. He had Jesus pour the Holy Spirit onto us as an anointing (Titus 3:3-7; 1 John 2:20, 27) and into us as a guarantee of what is to come (2 Corinthians 1:22, 5:5). When God buys us out of slavery to our mortal bodies and redeems us into our eternal home with bodies that will not grow old or decay, we won't need the deposit; we will have our complete inheritance. But until then, until we go to him, we rejoice in the amazing truth that he makes his home within us!

My Prayer...​

Transcendent and yet ever-near God, thank you for not making me wait to experience your presence. Thank you for giving me "a foretaste of glory divine." Thank you for sending your blessed and promised Spirit to live in me and remind me where my home truly is. Until the day I see you face-to-face, I want to honor your presence in my mortal body by living a life that is pure, holy, and a blessing to others. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Ephesians 1:13-14 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

God is faithful to his word. He keeps his promises. But that faithfulness was not enough for him. He wanted us to have the full assurance of our future with him. So, he gave us a down payment, a deposit, so we could be sure of our inheritance and look forward to fully realizing our salvation. He had Jesus pour the Holy Spirit onto us as an anointing (Titus 3:3-7; 1 John 2:20, 27) and into us as a guarantee of what is to come (2 Corinthians 1:22, 5:5). When God buys us out of slavery to our mortal bodies and redeems us into our eternal home with bodies that will not grow old or decay, we won't need the deposit; we will have our complete inheritance. But until then, until we go to him, we rejoice in the amazing truth that he makes his home within us!

My Prayer...​

Transcendent and yet ever-near God, thank you for not making me wait to experience your presence. Thank you for giving me "a foretaste of glory divine." Thank you for sending your blessed and promised Spirit to live in me and remind me where my home truly is. Until the day I see you face-to-face, I want to honor your presence in my mortal body by living a life that is pure, holy, and a blessing to others. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
We shall inherit the kingdom of God when we read His word and obey what it says.

Jesus I adore Your holy name right now for the pùrchased prossesion You made of us. We belong to You and You belong to all of us. Praise Your holy name. Amen

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. —Ephesians 4:16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Ephesians and...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. —1 Thessalonians 4:14 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... As horrible as the Cross was, it wasn't the final chapter of the Jesus' story. Jesus died and then rose again. We can...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication. —1 Thessalonians 4:3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Sanctified sounds "churchy" and old-fashioned to many people today. However, sanctified is a powerful God-fashioned word that means to make...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. —Ephesians 3:20-21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We have far...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. —1 John 4:10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Love is demonstrated, not just communicated verbally. When the Scriptures tell us that God loves us, they always show God's...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom