Today's Verse - Colossians 4:5-6 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Colossians 4:5-6 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

Jesus warned us that we would have to answer to God for every idle word we share with others (Matthew 12:36-37). In our time when social media echoes with mean-spirited, ugly, and divisive words, we must hear the Lord's warning about choosing our words carefully. Paul challenged us to be even more vigilant about what we say and how we say it. The apostle emphasized how significant our influence is on those who don't know Christ. We want to seize every opportunity to open the hearts of unbelievers to Jesus. When we are around those who are not Christians, we must show kindness, demonstrate care, and exercise control in the way we use our speech. The eternal destiny of those around may be resting on our conversations with them. Let's season our speech with care. Let's take advantage of every opportunity we have to open the hearts of others to grace of Jesus!
This Sunday's Verse of the Day Devotional on Video:
The following is a Sunday blessing for Steve Westcott and our VOTD family:
You can see all the songs and Communion reflection at ToGather.church.​

My Prayer...

Holy and Righteous God, I know we break your heart when we, your people, wound and drive unbelievers away with thoughtless and insensitive talk and unkind posts on social media. Please help me, O God, as I seek to display a winsome attitude with all people, but especially toward those who do not yet know Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Use my life and my words to open people's hearts to Jesus. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.
H8lWW9JFrrE

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. —Colossians 3:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... My world is beautiful today — great weather, wonderful church, loving spouse, great kids, and blessed with all I truly need. But this will certainly...
Replies
Views
  • Article
As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. —Colossians 2:6-7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Jesus is our LORD, and our LORD, Jesus is our...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But where are thy gods that thou hast made thee? let them arise, if they can save thee in the time of thy trouble: for according to the number of thy cities are thy gods, O Judah. —Jeremiah 2:28 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Let's focus on a straightforward concept today. We must worship...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. —Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... What do you use for your life's compass? What do you use for your GPS for holiness? No matter...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) —Ephesians 2:4-5 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We have no claim to bring to God that he should love us, accept us, or...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom