Today's Verse - Colossians 3:12 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering.

Colossians 3:12 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

What an incredible thought! We are dearly loved as God's chosen and holy children. No wonder God calls us to a lifestyle of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience! Think how often our Father needs to use these qualities with us! How can we not share with others what God has already so abundantly shared with us?

My Prayer...​

Father in heaven, thank you for valuing me so highly. While I know some of the ways I fall short of what you want me to be and many reasons why you might not want to choose me as your beloved and holy child, you have loved me so richly and valued me so highly in Jesus! Please work powerfully in me through your Holy Spirit to make me more like Jesus and more like you — full of love, compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Please do this so I can be a blessing to others and bring glory to you. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man. —Colossians 4:5-6 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Jesus warned us that we will answer to God for every idle word we...
Replies
Views
  • Article
He must increase, but I must decrease. —John 3:30 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This ultimate formula for greatness did not take many words for John the Baptist to articulate. What's your formula? Paul told the Galatians that they needed a similar approach to greatness: Christ must be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. —Colossians 3:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... My world is beautiful today — great weather, wonderful church, loving spouse, great kids, and blessed with all I truly need. But this will certainly...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. —1 Timothy 4:12 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We must not dismiss the idealistic passions of our youth. If you are younger, you are not only part...
Replies
Views
  • Article
With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. —Ephesians 4:2-3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Effort, sweat, and dedication seem to have become the profanity of Western Christianity...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom