Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the LORD, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken.

—Amos 5:14 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


What are you seeking to gain out of today? Do you seek good? Or will you pursue evil? Sure, we often don't call what we do evil, but isn't that what evil does? Nursing a grudge, spreading some gossip, or feeding a lust is evil, isn't it? God longs to be with us. He has promised never to leave us or forsake us. But where God goes, his character, righteousness, and goodness must follow! That means we MUST seek good!

My Prayer...​


Good and loving Father, thank you for showing me what goodness looks like by sending Jesus. Thank you for filling me with your Spirit so I can produce your good spiritual fruit. Thank you for putting me within the Body of Christ, your people, so I can have opportunities to do good deeds for those in need of care. But deep down, Father, I recognize that you alone are truly good. Please help me as I seek you, your character, and your goodness in my life. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2;20
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the LORD, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken. Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of ###. —Amos 5:14-15 (KJV) Thoughts...
Replies
0
Views
385
  • Article Article
Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us. —2 Timothy 1:13-14 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We live in a world of keys, locks...
Replies
0
Views
71
  • Article Article
I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches. —Psalm 119:14 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Our treasure and our truth come from God's holy Scriptures. The Scriptures are God's guidance for us and his treasures, given to us as the Holy Spirit leads us to...
Replies
0
Views
116
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,067
Messages
16,794,911
Members
649,621
Latest member
Tyroularinsor

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom