Nobody is reading this thread right now.

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

From infancy! If you had a godly mom or dad who brought you into the world surrounded by faith in Jesus, stories from the Bible, and lullabies of faith, praise God and thank them. If you didn't, then make a commitment that your children and grandchildren will be given this head start in life. Yes, personal faith will be won in adolescence and adulthood, but being surrounded by faith in infancy is such a great head start. To fill a child's world with love, hope, faith, and promise because of Jesus is one of the greatest gifts a parent can give!

My Prayer...​

Holy and attentive Father, I thank you for the incredible gift of believing parents. I pray that more of us who do believe will actively share our faith with our children. Please make my family and my life a place where children and grandchildren can find it easy to believe and safe to rejoice in Jesus. In his precious name, I praise and thank you. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

I thank the Lord for placing me in a family of believers where my brother became a preacher and my niece and her husband were missionaries but you might not ever know all the testings and trials that can come along with all of that Praise His Holy Name!!!!

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee. —1 Timothy 4:15-16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... "Be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. —1 Timothy 4:12 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We must not dismiss the idealistic passions of our youth. If you are younger, you are not only part...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints’ feet, if she have relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work. —1 Timothy 5:10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This devotional falls...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few. —Ecclesiastes 5:2 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Even in our TikTok®, short sound-byte world, far too often, many words...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. —Romans 5:8 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God didn't wait till we were "good enough" to bring us his salvation. Notice the words in this context (Romans 5:6-10) to describe us without grace...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom