Today's Verse - 2 Timothy 1:16 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

The Lord give mercy unto the house of Onesiphorus; for he oft refreshed me, and was not ashamed of my chains.

2 Timothy 1:16 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

A friend in Christ that will faithfully serve others is a wonderful gift of refreshment. Yet as humans, we are tempted to be fickle friends — there for a bit of time while they need us, but often tiring over the long haul of extended recovery from illness, grief, or the consequences of previous sin or addiction. Is there someone you know who is still chained in some way to the past? Is the Lord calling upon you to bless this person today? What about blessing them as Onesiphorus blessed Paul — often and without being ashamed!

My Prayer...

Almighty and tender Shepherd, please give me eyes to see your precious ones around me who need the encouragement of your grace that can only be experienced through the touch of a caring brother or sister in Christ. Please help me through the power of your Holy Spirit to be a more steadfast and faithful source of refreshment to these people. In Jesus' name. Amen.

vEbXYt004G4

Continue reading...

The mercy of the Lord wil reach those we are praying for. He will not forget those in need and those who need salvation. Continue to pray for them. Jesus is not deaf, He will bless them and will bless your life.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
The Lord give mercy unto the house of Onesiphorus; for he oft refreshed me, and was not ashamed of my chains. —2 Timothy 1:16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... A friend in Christ who will faithfully serve others brings the beautiful gift of refreshment. Yet, as humans, we are tempted to be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day. —2 Timothy 1:3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Paul is near the end of his life, feeling very alone and facing persecution in a horrible prison...
Replies
Views
  • Article
That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate. —1 Timothy 6:18 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... For many of us, this time of year is a beautiful time of giving and receiving gifts, giving thanks, and experiencing the joy of generosity. After...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God. —Ruth 1:16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This beautiful statement of loyalty...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen. —Philemon 1:25 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Have you noticed how words of blessing are in such short supply these days? There is something about our fallen state that makes sarcasm and ridicule easier to use than sharing a...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Top Bottom