And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

—2 Corinthians 12:9 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


When I pray, I often catch myself simply wanting God to do what I want, not necessarily what is best or most expedient for those around me or for the good of the Kingdom. I don't like to hear that God told Paul that he had asked enough about deliverance from his problem. Instead, Paul needed to learn that God's gracious strength and mercy were enough to sustain him even in trial. While I know I need to learn this same lesson, it is daunting. I want God to keep things nice and tidy for me. But then I remember I am a follower of Christ. If I am to become like my Savior, then I have to let go of my requirements on God's answers and open up to God's work to redeem others through me, no matter the personal cost. Only then can I truly know that his grace is sufficient for me!

My Prayer...​


Patient and loving Shepherd, guard my heart from discouragement in tough times and guard it from arrogance in good times. I know that without you I have nothing that is permanent. Thanks for giving me a permanent, steadfast hope of heaven with you, because of your grace and strength shared with me. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

—2 Corinthians 12:9 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


When I pray, I often catch myself simply wanting God to do what I want, not necessarily what is best or most expedient for those around me or for the good of the Kingdom. I don't like to hear that God told Paul that he had asked enough about deliverance from his problem. Instead, Paul needed to learn that God's gracious strength and mercy were enough to sustain him even in trial. While I know I need to learn this same lesson, it is daunting. I want God to keep things nice and tidy for me. But then I remember I am a follower of Christ. If I am to become like my Savior, then I have to let go of my requirements on God's answers and open up to God's work to redeem others through me, no matter the personal cost. Only then can I truly know that his grace is sufficient for me!

My Prayer...​


Patient and loving Shepherd, guard my heart from discouragement in tough times and guard it from arrogance in good times. I know that without you I have nothing that is permanent. Thanks for giving me a permanent, steadfast hope of heaven with you, because of your grace and strength shared with me. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Let us all glory in our infirmities and pain. Jesus will send healing mercy and will restore our health.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. —2 Corinthians 13:14 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I have a friend in Jesus who has taught me the power of sharing a spiritual blessing with others. We share a conviction...
Replies
0
Views
76
  • Article Article
Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. —2 Corinthians 7:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... In a world so full of distractions and temptations, purity is difficult. Even...
Replies
0
Views
130
  • Article Article
But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord. For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth. —2 Corinthians 10:17-18 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We live in a world with skewed values, false promises, lust for notoriety, and desperation for fleeting...
Replies
0
Views
119
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,085
Messages
16,795,763
Members
649,633
Latest member
Malmoruoport

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom