Today's Verse - 1 Thessalonians 4:3 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication.

1 Thessalonians 4:3 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

Sanctified surely does sound "churchy," doesn't it? It means to be special, reserved for God's use and glory, and not common. We are to be an uncommon people! This is especially true in steering clear of sexual immorality. We're to stay far away from it, honoring God with our bodies (cf. 1 Corinthians 6:18-20) while celebrating God's plan for joyful sexual fulfillment in marriage (Proverbs 5; 1 Corinthians 7:1-7).

My Prayer...

Father God, please protect and empower me as I seek to resist sexual temptation in my sexually charged culture. I want to offer myself to you as a holy sacrifice, pleasing to you and a blessing to your people. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.
4ipUiFOtgds

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost. —1 Thessalonians 1:6 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Many of us find it easy to let our circumstances determine our moods. Paul is addressing a group of new Christians...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen. —Philemon 1:25 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Have you noticed how words of blessing are in such short supply these days? There is something about our fallen state that makes sarcasm and ridicule easier to use than sharing a...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. —1 Peter 1:23 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Words are powerful! They can maim, wound, and debilitate. They can also bless, encourage, and inspire. When the words are...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. —1 John 1:7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... As we draw near to the LORD and live for him, two incredible blessings come our way. First...
Replies
Views
  • Article
In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. —John 1:4-5 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Jesus provides life that brings us light. His life provides us with genuine, lasting, and inextinguishable light. Jesus...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Top Bottom