We love him, because he first loved us.

—1 John 4:19 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


It's all very simple. God is love. He is love's origin, example, and architect. I love because he loved me first. I know how to love because he has demonstrated it. I can love because he made me in his likeness and to share his character. He is the fountain, the motivation, and the pinnacle of love. I love because he does, first, last, and always.

My Prayer...​


God of comfort, thank you for comforting me with your love. Just as a child learns from parents how to do so many things, I want to learn to love as you do: sacrificially, selflessly, and submissively so that others may know that they do not have to earn your love, only receive it. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
There is a video on YouTube by ### entitled Are You Ready to Die put out by the ###

and it is showing how ### wished to be remembered when he died and it will not let me transfer it here but I urge you to go and watch it because it fits this devotional so perfectly about the desire we all have to learn to love as the Lord does sacrificially, selflessly, and submissively so that others may know that they do not have to earn your love, only receive it. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
We love him, because he first loved us. —1 John 4:19 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... It's all very simple. God is love (1 John 4:7-8). He is love's origin, example, and architect. I love because God loved me first. I know how to love because he has demonstrated it in Jesus. I can love...
Replies
0
Views
267
  • Article Article
And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. —1 John 4:16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... How do you know God is at home in your heart? It's an important question! You know when you are doing loving...
Replies
0
Views
96
  • Article Article
We love him, because he first loved us. —1 John 4:19 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... John wants us to realize that our love doesn't originate in us. We love others because God has first loved us in Jesus. Oh yes, God has loved us in many other ways, but loving us in Jesus is the ultimate...
Replies
0
Views
405
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,379
Messages
16,799,044
Members
649,883
Latest member
Fulkoorroth

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom