Today's Verse - 1 John 4:10 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

1 John 4:10 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Love is demonstrated, not just communicated verbally. When the Scriptures tell us that God loves us, they always show God's actions that demonstrate that love. Here, John wants us to realize that God's love goes first. God demonstrates and shares his love with us before we demonstrate our love for him. He doesn't wait till it is safe to love us. He doesn't wait until he will get something in return. Instead, he goes first and defines his love in this way so that we can know that genuine love redeems when all hope seems lost — when we are not worthy, and when we are not ready. God is love, and we know this because of what his love does, had done, and will give to us even before we choose to love him.

My Prayer...​

Thank you, dear Heavenly Father, for loving me so extravagantly. Please help me see the opportunities to love others you place in my path every day. Use me, please, dear Father, to demonstrate your love to someone today and the following days of my life. Help me go first with love in my life. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

1 John 4:10 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Love is demonstrated, not just communicated verbally. When the Scriptures tell us that God loves us, they always show God's actions that demonstrate that love. Here, John wants us to realize that God's love goes first. God demonstrates and shares his love with us before we demonstrate our love for him. He doesn't wait till it is safe to love us. He doesn't wait until he will get something in return. Instead, he goes first and defines his love in this way so that we can know that genuine love redeems when all hope seems lost — when we are not worthy, and when we are not ready. God is love, and we know this because of what his love does, had done, and will give to us even before we choose to love him.

My Prayer...​

Thank you, dear Heavenly Father, for loving me so extravagantly. Please help me see the opportunities to love others you place in my path every day. Use me, please, dear Father, to demonstrate your love to someone today and the following days of my life. Help me go first with love in my life. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
The older I get, the more I embrace and realize that God is Love, Jesus is Love and I'm so very thankful to be considered one of His own. Thank You God for Your perfect Love!! I love You to the Depths of my Soul. I pray to become more like You and Your son, Jesus Christ. Thank You Savior!! Amen.....

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. —1 John 4:21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Some things are very simple. We can't love God and refuse to love each other. This is not hard to understand. On the other hand, some of our "kinfolks" in the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. —1 John 4:18 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Do you remember what Jesus said when he walked on the water, coming to his disciples through the storm? He told...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. —John 4:23-24 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. —1 Thessalonians 4:14 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... As horrible as the Cross was, it wasn't the final chapter of the Jesus' story. Jesus died and then rose again. We can...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. —James 4:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... James' brother, Jesus, taught this principle when he healed on the Sabbath (Mark 3:1-7) and told the parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:29-37). If we have the...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom