Today's Verse - 1 John 3:18 (KJV)

My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

—1 John 3:18 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


"Talk is cheap." "Actions speak louder than words." Let's show our love for our family, our friends, and brothers and sisters in Christ by the way we live and what we do for each other. Yes, it is important to say it, but it is even more important to do it and demonstrate our authenticity. In this way, we follow the example of God, who didn't just tell us he loves us, but demonstrated his love by giving Jesus for us and us (John 3:16; 1 John 4:9-12).

My Prayer...​


Loving and generous God, you are my Abba Father. Please forgive me for letting my love for your children remain just a matter of words. Please give me the opportunity today to bless one of these brothers or sisters in Christ with a kind deed, a gentle action, or a way to serve them. I want to demonstrate my love just as my Savior did. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. —1 John 3:18 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... "Talk is cheap!" "You can tell me with your words all you want, but I won't believe it until I see it in your actions." "It's time to put your life where...
Replies
0
Views
241
  • Article Article
And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. —1 John 4:16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... How do you know God is at home in your heart? It's an important question! You know when you are doing loving...
Replies
0
Views
97
  • Article Article
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: —1 John 2:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God hates sin. Don't you? I know I do. But isn't it amazing how we'll fall back into the same...
Replies
0
Views
79
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,519
Messages
16,800,541
Members
650,039
Latest member
Wzeasil

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom