Today's Verse - 1 John 3:1 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

1 John 3:1 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Some gifts are too precious for words and too wonderful to fully appreciate. The greatest of these gifts is that we are God's children. We have been adopted into the Father's family. Jesus claims us as his younger siblings in God's family (Hebrews 2:14-18). Even though the world may not acknowledge this, their denials of this truth do not make our adoption any less true (Romans 8:14-17). After all, the world didn't recognize its Creator when he became flesh in Jesus (John 1:1-3, 10, 14-18) and lived among the people he had made. God's Word still proclaims the truth; we ARE the children of God!

My Prayer...​

Thank you, Abba Father, for the incredible blessings that come with being your child. I know I haven't begun to understand all the glorious things this gift means. However, dear Father, I look forward to joyously experiencing this reality while I anticipate the day when I can see you face to face and fully know the meaning of this joy. In Jesus' name. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. —1 Corinthians 3:11 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... There is only one foundation on which the Church and the Christian life can be built. That foundation is Jesus Christ (1 Peter 2:4-7; Ephesians 2:20). He is the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. —John 3:16-17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea. —Habakkuk 2:14 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Habakkuk sees the worthlessness of what most people live to achieve and work to own. He says right before our verse, "Has not the Lord...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. —Matthew 3:1-2 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... John's words sound strange in a world afraid to tell the truth about sin, wickedness, and evil. Yet all lost people — people who do not know Jesus and those who claim to follow him...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? —1 Corinthians 3:3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... The Corinthians boasted in their wisdom, giftedness, and tolerance. Yet this wisdom, gifted, and tolerance were...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom