Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

—1 John 3:1 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Some gifts are too precious for words and too wonderful to fully appreciate. The greatest of these gifts is that we are God's children. We have been adopted into the Father's family. Jesus claims us as his younger siblings in God's family (Hebrews 2:14-18). Even though the world may not acknowledge this, their denials of this truth do not make our adoption any less true (Romans 8:14-17). After all, the world didn't recognize its Creator when he became flesh in Jesus (John 1:1-3, 10, 14-18) and lived among the people he had made. God's Word still proclaims the truth; we ARE the children of God!

My Prayer...​


Thank you, Abba Father, for the incredible blessings that come with being your child. I know I haven't begun to understand all the glorious things this gift means. However, dear Father, I look forward to joyously experiencing this reality while I anticipate the day when I can see you face to face and fully know the meaning of this joy. In Jesus' name. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: —1 John 2:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God hates sin. Don't you? I know I do. But isn't it amazing how we'll fall back into the same...
Replies
0
Views
79
  • Article Article
And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. —1 John 4:16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... How do you know God is at home in your heart? It's an important question! You know when you are doing loving...
Replies
0
Views
96
  • Article Article
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. —1 John 5:12 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This statement is both a reminder of God's glorious grace and also of our need to share that grace with others. Life is such a precious gift; it would be a shame...
Replies
0
Views
86
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,683
Messages
16,791,311
Members
649,270
Latest member
Cloyrinlake

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom