But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

—1 Corinthians 9:27 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

"Practice what you preach!" "I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day." "Put your life where your mouth is!" Those of us who speak out most openly about our faith in Jesus also need to make sure that we hold ourselves accountable to the same standard we are calling others to follow.

VerseoftheDay.com video message from ###:



My Prayer...

Father in Heaven, please help my walk to be consistent with my talk and may my talk always be pleasing to you! In Jesus' glorious name I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.


Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. —1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse...
Replies
0
Views
110
  • Article Article
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. —1 Corinthians 1:18 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Power! We love power. We love the sound and fury of power. We love the power's ability to bring positive change to...
Replies
0
Views
236
  • Article Article
Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. —1 Corinthians 1:10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... If people...
Replies
0
Views
143
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,145
Messages
16,796,676
Members
649,692
Latest member
Elaimor

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom