Things are not doing good with my grandson. He has

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Hopeful23

Servant
Things are not doing good with my grandson. He has ODD and is in a special class. About two weeks ago they put him in a seclusion room and he did some things in this room that are the limit. The school should not be allowed to put kids in closets because they can't handle them but they excuse this sort of action. If a parent did this it would be child abuse but the school gets away with it.

I've kept him out of school because of this and have went to the doctor but there is no quick fix. I went to the school last Thursday past and talked to the Vice Principal. They need to fill out a DSM questionnaire and I also requested that if he returns to school that he not be put in that room again because of what happened. The Vice Principal must have histrionic personality disorder because he often dramatizes everything. When I picked up my grandson on that day they had some useless social worker at the school take me and him to the emergency hospital even though technically speaking it was not deemed an emergency. Emergencies are suicidal and/or homicidal behavior of which neither of them applied. My car wouldn't start because of the battery so I felt kind of stuck. I had to take a cab to the school.

This is starting to sound like a novel and would take too long to explain fully but let's just say that the school is over-reacting and causing me lots of grief. It was not an emergency situation and we shouldn't have been taken there but when I try to explain this they start to flip out.

I've already contacted the Health System and did a telephone interview and got him referred to some mental health services but there is a waiting list and it is not instant. This was even before the incident at school. I also pushed for a pediatrician appointment which is hard to get without a referral and got one and got an appointment within a week and took him there. The doctor will not just give him some pills off the bat. The DSM needs to be filled out and some lab tests were done. But that doesn't seem to be good enough for this school.

They act like I'm doing nothing and am not following their directives. They don't even know what they are doing half the time. All they do is talk but they never actually do anything.

The stress of this all is getting to me and stress kills. I'm sick of all of this and really don't want to do this anymore. If my grandson's needs would be better met in an institution then maybe that is where he should be. I don't think he would like that but I'm about ready to burn out and the school isn't helping by their attitude.

All this stress isn't helping my marriage either. My husband has to work a lot and really doesn't have time to deal with all of this. I feel sick a lot and physically weak. Probably the stress.

I really need my grandson to be managed better, especially at the school. If not then he needs to be placed somewhere else since he's not getting the education he's supposed to get and I do homework with him at home but due to his ODD and my health issues it is a bit too much and what do the teachers get paid to do? Why do they take these jobs when they obviously can't handle kids with issues other than demanding that they go in these stupid seclusion rooms.

Oh, as a side note. I also got banned from the school due to histrionic Vice Principal that can't handle being told the truth. I don't like being judged and treated like I'm not doing enough when I am doing everything that I can and am in fact holding this whole thing together. So I blasted him good and got banned from the school but to be honest I don't care. The guy is a goof.

Any prayers regarding this would be appreciated. Thank you.

Our God of peace, you have taught us that in returning and rest we shall be saved, in quietness and in confidence shall be our strength: By the might of your Spirit answer this request according to your will, we pray of you, so we may be still and know that you are God; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Thank you for giving us the privilege to pray on your behalf. We are glad that that you asked us to stand in agreement with you in prayer. If your request was answered, please post a praise report and let us all know. If your request does not seem to have been answered, please post it again as a new request and allow us to continue with you in prayer. We all hope that our prayers are answered in the way that we want. Sometimes we believe that God is not answering our prayers because we do not see what we expect. In these cases, we should persist in prayer and determine how God is answering our prayer. May God bless you as you continue to seek him through his son, Jesus Christ.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

Please pray my grandson that he start making good decisions at school and in life decisions. Also, pray for my sons to get jobs and find good mates so they can advance spiritually and financially. In Jesus Name. Amen
Replies
Views
Jesus my 34 months old grandson has been tested positive for Covid. His fever shot up above 40 degrees. He have been crying non stop. He keeps throwing up. Refuses to eat and drink. Jesus I'm so worried for him. He's so small. His preschool teacher tested positive last week, after 5 days the...
Replies
Views
Jesus my 34 months old grandson has been tested positive for Covid. His fever shot up above 40 degrees. He have been crying non stop. He keeps throwing up. Refuses to eat and drink. Jesus I'm so worried for him. He's so small. His preschool teacher tested positive last week, after 5 days the...
Replies
Views
Please pray for my son as he prepares for his first organic chemistry lab. Please pray that he is able to find an excellent tutor to help him with organic chemistry this semester. Please pray for him as he has two hard exams coming up. We are planning to visit him this weekend at college since...
Replies
Views
Jesus please let my husband be telling the truth about tv he got. Please dont let there be any shadiness involved. He gave me the receipt, so I would think he would not have given me a receipt if it were something bad, but I am suspicious. Please also let my son's teacher grade his assignment...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom