'The Resource Maker' - Mark 8:5-7

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Jesus asked [his disciples], "How much bread do you have?"
"Seven loaves," they replied.

So Jesus told all the people to sit down on the ground. Then he took the seven loaves, thanked God for them, and broke them into pieces. He gave them to his disciples, who distributed the bread to the crowd. A few small fish were found, too, so Jesus also blessed these and told the disciples to distribute them.

Mark 8:5-7 NLT

Key Thought​

Jesus does not need our resources. He does, however, call us to use our resources to bless others. When we bring our resources to him and offer ourselves to him, he will make those resources more than what they are and help us be better than we can be on our own. Jesus is the resource maker and the resource stretcher.

Today's Prayer​

Holy Father, take me and use me. Take my resources and use them. Make them more than they are and use them for your glory. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

Nothing is impossible for God. He can do wonders in our life and the life of those who believe in HIm. Multiplying fish and bread is one of the wonders He did in the past and continues to do so today.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
[After the disciples distributed the seven loaves of bread and the few fish to people in the crowd, they] ate as much as they wanted. Afterward, the disciples picked up seven large baskets of leftover food. There were about 4,000 men in the crowd that day, and Jesus sent them home after they had...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus told the disciples to have the people sit down in groups on the green grass. So they sat down in groups of fifty or a hundred. Jesus took the five loaves and two fish, looked up toward heaven, and blessed them. Then, breaking the loaves into pieces, he kept giving the bread to the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Continuing his rebuke of the disciples for arguing about forgetting to bring enough food, Jesus said,] "When I fed the 5,000 with five loaves of bread, how many baskets of leftovers did you pick up afterward?" "Twelve," they said. "And when I fed the 4,000 with seven loaves, how many large...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[After Jesus blessed the five loaves and two fish and had them distributed, the people] all ate as much as they wanted, and afterward, the disciples picked up twelve baskets of leftover bread and fish. A total of 5,000 men and their families were fed. —Mark 6:42-44 NLT Key Thought Mark made...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[After Jesus said the large crowd needed something to eat, his] disciples replied, "How are we supposed to find enough food to feed them out here in the wilderness?" —Mark 8:4 NLT Key Thought Jesus' followers were basically saying that they didn't have the resources to meet the needs of the...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom