The origin of sin

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Tracing sin back to it's origin, we know that when Adam and Eve disobeyed Gods instructions,sin was passed on through the generations to all of us.{"Through one man death entered in"}We know that Adam and Eve were deceived by the serpent{the devil}.So we see a pattern, the devil deceived Adam and Eve,who in turn gave birth to a sequence of humans,who were tainted with sin.Now in Heaven,the devil after changing , got some other angels to follow him,becoming demons{"And it{the dragon}took a third of the stars of Heaven and hurled them to Earth"So we know the devils job is to deceve. But here's the thing.The devil deceived the angels{"and war broke out in Heaven;Michael and his angels fought against the dragon and its angels"}So all deception originated with the devil. But now the question--who deceived the devil,the VERY ORIGINAL sin?There wasn't a devil to deceive the devil to turn on God.So I would have to say the devil deceived himself!!!He had delusions ,and deceived himself with them.You wouldn't think that there could be sin in Heaven, but here it is. Satan was able to have sinful ambitions in Heaven.So how sin started, and kicked off the cycle, if there was no one to deceive Satan , I would say he deceived himself.Agree?

Isaiah 14
11‘Your pomp and the music of your harps
Have been brought down to Sheol;
12“How you have fallen from heaven,
O star of the morning, son of the dawn!
You have been cut down to the earth,
You who have weakened the nations!
13“But you said in your heart,
I will ascend to heaven;
I will raise my throne above the stars of God,
And I will sit on the mount of assembly
In the recesses of the north.
14‘I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High.’

15“Nevertheless you will be thrust down to Sheol,
To the recesses of the pit.
16“Those who see you will gaze at you,
They will ponder over you, saying,
‘Is this the man who made the earth tremble,
Who shook kingdoms,
17Who made the world like a wilderness
And overthrew its cities,
Who did not allow his prisoners to go home?’

Last edited:
Ezekiel 28
14“You were the anointed cherub who covers,
And I placed you there.
You were on the holy mountain of God;
You walked in the midst of the stones of fire.
15“You were blameless in your ways
From the day you were created
Until unrighteousness was found in you.
16“By the abundance of your trade
You were internally filled with violence,
And you sinned;
Therefore I have cast you as profane
From the mountain of God.
And I have destroyed you, O covering cherub,
From the midst of the stones of fire.
17“Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty;
You corrupted your wisdom by reason of your splendor.
I cast you to the ground;
I put you before kings,
That they may see you.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
This was already written thousands of years ago and is no new revelation the devil deceived himself, see Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28, above. Also the New Testament confirms it, Steven...

1 Tim 3;6
“He must not be a recent convert, or he may become puffed up with conceit and fall into the condemnation of the devil.”

Last edited:
So the devil was “conceited” and his heart was lifted up pridefully and he said “I will make myself like The Most High” — interesting that he used the same lie to tell the pair in the garden that the forbidden produce would “make them like God” — he used the exact same lie that caused him to fall to cause the fall of man (why use something different?). The Apostle John warns of the boastful pride of life — indeed isn’t every “self-made” person in effect trying to be their own god down to this very day???

Even more interesting is the nature of the lie — the serpent promised them something they already had inherent in their own creation — the likeness of God, as it is written in Genesis 1:26-27

“Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:26-27‬

Like a corrupt salesman “selling ice water to Eskimos,” the devil thus deceived the world, offering them something they already possessed through disobedience, lying it would have no ill-effect of death, “murderer from the beginning” Jesus said in John of the devil, “when he lies he speaks from his own nature, being the father of lies.”

Last edited:
Satan brought to this earth sin and evil to all who rebell against God and His word. Those who refuse to come to Jesus and be saved then sin and evil shall follow them. Fast and pray for those nextdoor neighbors who love parties and drink a lot instead of seeking the Lord and attending church. Pray for them. The origin of thei sin is refusing to come to the Lord.

Similar Requests

• Article
And then I heard a beautiful sound in heaven above, those who surround the table of the Lamb started to sing praises to God almighty. The tune came up from above the roof and there were millions of angels surrounding a crown of victory given to those who were faithful and true to God. The...
Replies
Views
  • Article
There is a wonderful place over yonder waiting for you and for me. There is special place prepared for us by the Lord where we shall live for ages to come, praising and adoring Gods holy name. I am going to prepare a place for you, that where I am there you may be also. This is really a...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom