The line between showing our faith and showing off

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

When Jesus was in the wilderness being tempted by the devil,the devil tried to prod Him to jump off the temple, quoting a Scripture noting that the Father would protect Him .But Jesus answered,"It is also written,"You shall not tempt the Lord your God".That in mind,I would say that using our protection to "show off" is not something that's "the way". Like, there are churches where they dance around with poisonous snakes. If a Christian does a "daring" thing with the intent of showing off, like laying on the train tracks when a train is coming, going up to the head of the Mafia and daring him to send guys with machine guns after them, just for intent of "showing off", and we don't have Gods instructions to do so in that particular case,wouldn't that be wrong intent, and in fact, tempting God?Because didn't Jesus answer the devil when the devil said, throw yourself off the temple,"It is also written, "You shall not tempt the Lord your God".A Point?

We should not tempt God especially in the things that you listed. When and if we are presented with a situation to exercise our faith are we not to use it? Isn't it written faith without works is dead? In other words if you have faith in what God/Jesus has stated than stand on it and exercise it. Thank You, Praise You Lord Jesus for our faith! Glory to You Lord Jesus!

With humble obedience to Jesus words share Gods word with others. Never ever show off what you believe, nor have pride in your heart when you speak to your unsaved friends or loved ones.

This is my testimony about the good work of Dr Abaka who help me.... I'm Barry William from Iceland . And am sorry for putting this on net but i will have to by this world top spell caster that brought back my husband which left me out for past 8 years, i eventually met this man on a blog site posting by one of is client for help, i explained everything to him and he told me about a spell caster that he had heard about and he gave me an email address to write to the spell caster to tell him my problems. In just 2 days, my husband was back to me. I just want to say thank you to this truthful and sincere spell caster, sir all you told have come to pass and thank you sir. Please i want to tell everyone who is looking for any solution to problem, I advice you to kindly consult this spell caster, he is real,he is powerful and whatever the spell caster tell is what will happen, because all what the spell caster told me came to pass. You can kindly contact him on: his email address is drabakaspelltemple@gmail.com or directly on WhatsApp +2349063230051
This spellcaster might have gotten power to help with your specific situation,when other things didn't seem to be working,but ask, where did the power come from?Reading the Bible,we find that God warns us about certain spiritual practices. We {Christians} believe that we must go by where the Bible says, and if power comes from other sources,,it may bring some Earthly victories, but at what cost?There's another power that might give us Earthly victories to deceive us. Pray to God for guidance.Otherwise we get like Esau selling his birthright for a bowl of soup.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Choose this day whom ye shall serve. The world, the flesh or devil. But as for me, I will serve the Lord. Love Him with all of my heart, mind and soul. Showing off religion coming from satan because he is full of pride and wants to be in the place God is. Do not let him in your heart or in your house. Cast him out in the name of Jesus.

This spellcaster might have gotten power to help with your specific situation,when other things didn't seem to be working,but ask, where did the power come from?Reading the Bible,we find that God warns us about certain spiritual practices. We {Christians} believe that we must go by where the Bible says, and if power comes from other sources,,it may bring some Earthly victories, but at what cost?There's another power that might give us Earthly victories to deceive us. Pray to God for guidance.Otherwise we get like Esau selling his birthright for a bowl of soup.

I do like what you stated about the spell casting Steven. All he wants is money for the lies that he or she claims to be able to do. I have tried to share with this one as well but to no avail :)

I do like what you stated about the spell casting Steven. All he wants is money for the lies that he or she claims to be able to do. I have tried to share with this one as well but to no avail :)
The shame of it is, that's getting more and more "popular" among the unsaved.People I know who in the past used to scoff at that stuff,one of their loved ones dies and every little electrical short, they claim it's the deceased one trying to contact them.Not to mention going to psychics.As compared to in the past not as much. but in a Hal Lindsey book he says that's probably leading to the devils way of convincing them to worship the Antichrist. Makes some sense to me.

We don't tempt God, and certainly we do not bend to men's foolishness. But there is nothing wrong with exerting our Christian right to silence the devil and put him in his place. In discerning, we mustn't be quick to judge someone else's intention, particularly if we are not used to their level of faith and obedience: Elijah at Mt. Carmel; Daniel in prayer; the Hebrew boys in defiance; and many others. I wouldn't consider any of them to be show-offs; they just knew who their God was, and were assured of His protection. But the phrase "Don't try this at home," comes to mind to those who doubt.

Similar Requests

• Article
We see them on the throne of heaven, seated on a table of love and care. He is waiting for us to arrive and live in His holy presence. Sing hallelujah to the Lord for ever and ever more. I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne. and the train of His robe filled the temple. Isa...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I CHARGE [you] in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, Who is to judge the living and the dead, and by (in the light of) His coming and His kingdom: Herald and preach the Word! Keep your sense of urgency [stand by, be at hand and ready], whether the opportunity seems to be favorable or...
Replies
Views
  • Article
We were made to love God and obey His word over all other rival false gods that are in the world today. False teachings and false preachers are telling us lies and half truth which make us all wonder who or what to believe and trust. When we start praising and glorify the Lord our...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The primary purpose of our assignments is that God uses us as the vessels through whom He can bring His Word to pass. One of the best parts of the prophet’s assignment is that we get to announce the good news. Howbeit, whether to believe, or not to believe, is the city’s prerogative. Just as...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The vast needs that spread wide before us? They are already in His hands. I lay back on to the concrete and stretched my arms wide out the side. Houston's night air became shockingly fickle at times, and the darkness lent an edge to the air. Cicadas' throaty songs of the day had lulled...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom