'The First Pains!' - Matthew 24:6-8

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[To his disciples, Jesus continued:] "And you will hear of wars and threats of wars, but don't panic. Yes, these things must take place, but the end won't follow immediately. Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in many parts of the world. But all this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come."

Matthew 24:6-8 NLT

Key Thought​

Jesus was saying that life in the end times would be tumultuous. Wars, famines, earthquakes would be on the earth. But these would merely be like the labor pains of a woman in childbirth. The disciples were not to become frightened or disoriented. The Lord who reigns, the Lord who would conquer, was still in control and things would happen at his command. Nothing would be left to chance. The Evil One was not in ultimate control. While these events would anticipate the downfall of Jerusalem, they would be only the beginning of the end.

The disciples were not to be afraid. The Lord who would pass through death, the Lord who would triumph over crucifixion, is Lord of all. They would not go where he hadn't been before. No, they were to go about doing what they were supposed to do. They were to be alert! They were to be ready! They were to be faithful!

But, was Jesus talking merely about the fall of Jerusalem or about the end of time? It mattered to those who lived through the destruction of Jerusalem, but the point is basically the same for us whether Jesus was talking about a major disaster or The Major Disaster. We are to be faithful and ready and unafraid. He will not forget, abandon, or leave us. When he comes in glory, we will share in it too! We are to be faithful, ready, and unafraid!

Today's Prayer​

O Lord, Master and God of all time, the one and only God who dwells above time, give me a sense of hope, a heart of patience, and an eye of expectancy as I await your deliverance, whether it is from the problems that press around me now or it is the ultimate deliverance of your return! Marantha! O Lord, come in glory. In the powerful name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2021 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
1ZS1e44Cclc

Continue reading...

We are living in the last days and we are started to see the signs Jesus clearly told us. Divers deseases will come to us and the rise of sin and evil will be all around us. Let us all be in prayer. Jesus want us all in heaven. Be faithful to the end and a Crown of Life will be given to all of us.

Lord, Your precious promises of NEVER LEAVING US NOR FORSAKING US ALWAYS GIVE ME SUCH COMFORT AND GREAT PEACE. YOUR PROMISES FEEL JUST LIKE HUGS TO ME WHEN I NEED THEM THE VERY MOST IN JESUS HOLY NAME. AMEN. HAPPY TEARS. SMILING.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Taking the twelve disciples aside, Jesus said, "Listen, we're going up to Jerusalem, where all the predictions of the prophets concerning the Son of Man will come true. He will be handed over to the Romans, and he will be mocked, treated shamefully, and spit upon. They will flog him with a whip...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Zacchaeus quickly climbed down and took Jesus to his house in great excitement and joy. But the people were displeased. "He has gone to be the guest of a notorious sinner," they grumbled. —Luke 19:6-7 NLT Key Thought If Jesus were physically among us today, I'm not sure how those of us who...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then [Jesus] said to his disciples, "The time is coming when you will long to see the day when the Son of Man returns, but you won't see it. People will tell you, 'Look, there is the Son of Man,' or 'Here he is,' but don't go out and follow them. For as the lightning flashes and lights up the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
After telling this story, Jesus went on toward Jerusalem, walking ahead of his disciples. As he came to the towns of Bethphage and Bethany on the Mount of Olives, he sent two disciples ahead. "Go into that village over there," he told them. "As you enter it, you will see a young donkey tied...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But as [Jesus] came closer to Jerusalem and saw the city ahead, he began to weep. "How I wish today that you of all people would understand the way to peace. But now it is too late, and peace is hidden from your eyes. Before long your enemies will build ramparts against your walls and encircle...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom