THE FAMILIAR

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

GLORIOUS SABBATH EVENING PEOPLE OF GOD

Solomon said, "There is nothing new under the sun." Therefore, on this, the first Sabbath of 2024, I great you with a familiar, or what could be labeled an "Old New Message." A fitting resolution for the year ahead.

The familiar message in God's process is this:
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. [Matthew 6:33, NIV]

The perhaps, not so familiar message in God's process moving forward, is this:
"Have faith in the LORD your God and you will be upheld; have faith in His prophets and you will be successful." [2 Chronicles 20:20b]

God is not at all secretive about what He wants from us. But, we must have ears to hear. His will for us has never been a mystery:

Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. [1 Thessalonians 5:17-18, NIV]

In facing our toughest opponents, even as an army of one ["One is as a thousand, and a thousandis as one"], when we go forth singing praises of thanksgiving in spirit and in truth, we can stand still and see the salvation of the LORD:
After consulting the leaders of the people, the king appointed singers to walk ahead of the army, singing to the Lord and praising him for his Holy splendor. This is what they sang: 🎶"Give thanks to the Lord; His faithful love endures forever!"🎵 At the moment they began to sing and give praise, the Lord caused the armies of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir to start fighting among themselves. [2 Chronicles 20:21-22]
Therefore, let us resolve in this new year to

PRAY AND GIVE THANKS

THANK YOU LORD

GLORIOUS SABBATH EVENING PEOPLE OF GOD

Solomon said, "There is nothing new under the sun." Therefore, on this, the first Sabbath of 2024, I great you with a familiar, or what could be labeled an "Old New Message." A fitting resolution for the year ahead.

The familiar message in God's process is this:
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. [Matthew 6:33, NIV]

The perhaps, not so familiar message in God's process moving forward, is this:
"Have faith in the LORD your God and you will be upheld; have faith in His prophets and you will be successful." [2 Chronicles 20:20b]

God is not at all secretive about what He wants from us. But, we must have ears to hear. His will for us has never been a mystery:

Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. [1 Thessalonians 5:17-18, NIV]

In facing our toughest opponents, even as an army of one ["One is as a thousand, and a thousandis as one"], when we go forth singing praises of thanksgiving in spirit and in truth, we can stand still and see the salvation of the LORD:
After consulting the leaders of the people, the king appointed singers to walk ahead of the army, singing to the Lord and praising him for his Holy splendor. This is what they sang: 🎶"Give thanks to the Lord; His faithful love endures forever!"🎵 At the moment they began to sing and give praise, the Lord caused the armies of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir to start fighting among themselves. [2 Chronicles 20:21-22]

Therefore, let us resolve in this new year to

PRAY AND GIVE THANKS

THANK YOU LORD

Let the things that hold you and let the Spirit of the Lord fill your heart with joy and peace. Make sure you are familiar with all the promises coming down from heaven to all of us who love Jesus with all our heart, mind and soul.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
It was not a good day, threats of war, and the hope of peace seemed dismal, at least for now. The enemy was knocking at the gate threatening to inflict war if their demands were not met. Reminding Hezekiah that he and his army were no match for their powerhouse army as they had defeated other...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus said,] "So the Son of Man is Lord, even over the Sabbath!" —Mark 2:28 NLT Key Thought Jesus is LORD! He has authority over everything! He is the Master and Commander of all things (Ephesians 1:21-22). His word, his teaching, his will about the Sabbath form the basis of our truth. So...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Ain’t I Good To You—God! One day I was about to complain to God, but before I could even get the words out of my mouth, God spoke to my heart, “Ain't I Good To You!” That was all God had to say to me. Whatever I was about to complain to Him about, dissipated. He did not want me to even...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Since it was the Sabbath, Jesus' enemies watched him closely. If he healed the man's hand, they planned to accuse him of working on the Sabbath. —Mark 3:2 NLT Key Thought The opposites of Jesus' compassionate eyes (see Mark 3:1 and yesterday's devotional) were the condemning and critical eyes...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Later, when Jesus was alone with the twelve disciples and with the others who were gathered around, they asked him what the parables meant. He replied, "You are permitted to understand the secret of the Kingdom of God. But I use parables for everything I say to outsiders, ..." —Mark 4:10-11...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom