'The Authoritative Voice' - Mark 1:27-28

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Amazement gripped the audience [when Jesus cast the evil spirit out], and they began to discuss what had happened. "What sort of new teaching is this?" they asked excitedly. "It has such authority! Even evil spirits obey his orders!" The news about Jesus spread quickly throughout the entire region of Galilee.

Mark 1:27-28 NLT

Key Thought

Jesus has authority. Not just rank so he can give orders. Not just power so he can obliterate his enemies. No, Jesus has true authority — rank, power, and integrity so that he can authentically subdue and destroy evil. This authority should not just be admired. This authority should not leave us spell-bound. No, this authority should lead us to watch Jesus and learn from his actions, because they are gracious and compassionate as well as mighty. This authority should make us listen to what he says because Jesus' words are not only true, but they are also life-giving and liberating. We should be excited. We should tell others about Jesus, and we should obey him and follow his example of sacrificial service.

Today's Prayer

My dear and precious Father, the one true and living God, please give me the courage to believe and obey the words of Jesus and to follow his example of sacrificial service. In Jesus' mighty name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings

Ⓒ 1996-2020 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
RFBN4zldCEQ

Continue reading...

A new teaching has come to all of us. Jesus has power to cast out devils of our life and cast satan from our house and our heart. Keep your praying and fasting before Him. You will be delivered from His grasp the moment you start praising and adoring our wonderful Lord Jesus.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
But the Jewish leaders demanded [of Jesus], "What are you doing? If God gave you authority to [clear the Temple of the money changers and animals], show us a miraculous sign to prove it." "All right," Jesus replied. "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." "What!" they...
Replies
Views
  • Article
John himself was not the light; he was simply a witness to tell about the light. —John 1:8 NLT Key Thought John the Baptizer was an incredible man. He was a prophet, inspired by God's Spirit. He spoke with an authority and authenticity long silent among God's people. He courageously declared...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus came and told his disciples, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
When Jesus returned to the Temple and began teaching, the leading priests and elders came up to him. They demanded, "By what authority are you doing all these things? Who gave you the right?" "I'll tell you by what authority I do these things if you answer one question," Jesus replied. "Did...
Replies
Views
  • Article
John told [the Pharisees who asked him what right he had to baptize], "I baptize with water, but right here in the crowd is someone you do not recognize. Though his ministry follows mine, I'm not even worthy to be his slave and untie the straps of his sandal." This encounter took place in...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom