Should churches get involved in politics?

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

There is an increase involvement of churches in political activities. Does Jesus ever said.... Get involved in politics and forget to share the gospel of the Lord in the world?

This is what Jesus did when confronted with Roman Rule in His time.

a. Should we pay taxes to Rome? Jesus said. Give to Caesars what is Caesars and give to God what belongs to God.
b. Are you a King? Where is your kingdom? Jesus replied... My kingdom is not of this world.
c. Release Barabbas, crucify Him. Barabbas wanted Isreal free from Roman rule. He was a political activist.

Whom then should we obey? Jesus or our political people who are unsaved and need Jesus?

Hear what Jesus said. Go ye into the world and preach the gospel.... He never ever said... get involved in political activities which in time will pass away and die out.

Yes, Gods word said very clear to all of us... First of all, I urge that petitions and prayers be made for all kings and those in authority.... I Tim. 2.2

This means... all Christians should be in prayer for those in authority, that Jesus will save their souls and for them to come to the knowledge of Gods holy presence leading us all to heaven. After all, this world is not our home.. Heaven is.

I'll say this...no it doesn't save us, BUT I don't see anything wrong with having a preference of a certain candidate over another, or a party who leans more towards our thinking than another,Like, the "liberals" fight for things like gay "marriage", abortion, etc. ,also squelching religious freedom,because they think we're bigots.. and not only back ungodly things, but back laws that would get Christians who don't go along with it in trouble with the law.Then there are others who think in a way that's more compatible with us.So if we keep politics in it's place, but at the same time I don't think having a preference, and excercising it, of one more compatible with us is so wrong.

There is an increase involvement of churches in political activities. Does Jesus ever said.... Get involved in politics and forget to share the gospel of the Lord in the world?

a. Should we pay taxes to Rome? Jesus said. Give to Caesars what is Caesars and give to God what belongs to God.
b. Are you a King? Where is your kingdom? Jesus replied... My kingdom is not of this world.
c. Release Barabbas, crucify Him. Barabbas wanted Isreal free from Roman rule. He was a political activist.

Whom then should we obey? Jesus or our political people who are unsaved and need Jesus?

Hear what Jesus said. Go ye into the world and preach the gospel.... He never ever said... get involved in political activities which in time will pass away and die out.

Yes, Gods word said very clear to all of us... First of all, I urge that petitions and prayers be made for all kings and those in authority.... I Tim. 2.2

This means... all Christians should be in prayer for those in authority, that Jesus will save their souls and for them to come to the knowledge of Gods holy presence leading us all to heaven. After all, this world is not our home.. Heaven is.

Sister Betty in God's Love. I do agree strongly in praying for our leaders. However as ambassadors of God we carry the heavenly light to others to inform and to rebuke if necessary. This includes our politicians. We are to have dominion over all including our governments. Having Godly representatives in our political systems is wise but often enough many succumb to worldly ways. We must pray for them. Godly people often forgets they are governed by Theocratic rules. In a technical sense all churches have an inhouse goverment that leads its congregation. The Apostles had an hierarchy with rules on money and provision distribution. The New Testament leaves me to conclude that we must take an active role in our goverment.
With respect and God's Love.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
America was given to God by the Pilgrims and the Puritans. Everyone should be praying for salvation of all leaders and those who are far from Jesus. Politics will pass away just as Roman Rule did. Jesus word continues to live and will continue to live forever. I am alive forever more.... says the Lord. So, let us all do what Jesus did. Share, preach, teach, pray a lot and love the Lord with all your heart, mind and soul. Our eternal reward is in glory. A crown of life shall be given to you and me when we are faithful and true to Jesus alone.

Sister Betty in God's Love. I do agree strongly in praying for our leaders. However as ambassadors of God we carry the heavenly light to others to inform and to rebuke if necessary. This includes our politicians. We are to have dominion over all including our governments. Having Godly representatives in our political systems is wise but often enough many succumb to worldly ways. We must pray for them. Godly people often forgets they are governed by Theocratic rules. In a technical sense all churches have an inhouse goverment that leads its congregation. The Apostles had an hierarchy with rules on money and provision distribution. The New Testament leaves me to conclude that we must take an active role in our goverment.
With respect and God's Love.
----------------------------------------------'-
I had amended my above comment(twice) but it did not go through. I will try again...

While in the temple's court, Jesus was ask about giving taxes to Nero. Jesus knowing that people carried Roman coins ask the person making the inquiry to show his money. It had the face of Nero on it.
-Give onto Nero what belongs to Nero and to God what belongs to God.
The Lord's answer was well measured. The enquirer had a coin with Nero's face on it. The leader was considered a demi-god and a political leader. It should never had been brought into the Temple's court. My point is simply that often times federal politics will enter inside the church and issues may need to be address. It should not bring disharmony but direction. I also see churches as a gathering of godly people no matter where they are. On a march or in a town meeting, our imput is necessary.
In God's Love

Yes — as Christians, we must do all we can to slow and prevent evil — this means voting for the least ungodly ruler, and praying for all in office. 1 Tim 2:1-8 “Pray for all in authority so we can live godly lives cause God wants all saved and come to the knowledge of the truth.

If God calls you to enter into a political arena, then do it. But remember what Jesus said. Love not the world nor the things of the world, if you love the world the love of the Father is not in you. Rulers of this world call on to war and to defend anything they thing is right, but remember what God said. Thou shall not kill. Let us all have wisdom that comes from heaven otherwise we shall be on the road that leads directly to hells burning fire. My daily prayer for all those who lead our country is this. Give them wisdom from heaven, save their soul and seek peace in themselves and for others. Knowing the Lord is obeying what His word is telling us today.

If God calls you to enter into a political arena, then do it. But remember what Jesus said. Love not the world nor the things of the world, if you love the world the love of the Father is not in you. Rulers of this world call on to war and to defend anything they thing is right, but remember what God said. Thou shall not kill. Let us all have wisdom that comes from heaven otherwise we shall be on the road that leads directly to hells burning fire. My daily prayer for all those who lead our country is this. Give them wisdom from heaven, save their soul and seek peace in themselves and for others. Knowing the Lord is obeying what His word is telling us today.
I pray for this in Jesus name. Amen

Similar Requests

• Article
To live for Him alone and to give God all the honor, all the praise and all the glory for saving our souls and showing the way to reach heaven. But people of the world see those things that will last a short period of time, the need for meaning in their life and happiness that do not last...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Daniel answered in the presence of the king, and said, "The secret which the king hath demanded cannot the wise men, the astrologers, the magicians, the soothsayers, shew unto the king; but there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets ..." —Daniel 2:27-28 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The day may groan in pain and sorrow, the night may be long and dreary, it signals that we are going to break down, but there is help coming from above, the cry of heaven is to trust and obey for there is no other way. While the night may be uncertain, the light of God cometh in the morning...
Replies
Views
  • Article
This is really a great question of our existence on earth. Why we are here? Who sent us? What are we gona do? Where are we going to go? To be honest with you and for everyone who loves Jesus. Life without God is an empty pit and we will not be able to come out, unless we call on the Lord...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Never contaminate yourself with the things of the world because Jesus never did and wanted us all to be just like Him, full of love for God and for others. Remember what it said. Love not the world nor the things of the world. If you love the world the love of the Father is not in you. Let...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Top Bottom