Anonymous
Beloved of All
Hi brothers and sisters in Christ,
I am a Christian and believe in Jesus. I would like to clarify that I do not consume secular media with sexual content. I also do not engage in sexual activity or desire it whilst awake. There is no specific related sin (or generational sin) that requires confession or repentance that I am aware of. I wanted to mention this upfront because I find that a lot of well meaning believers automatically make this assumption and provide advice that does not address this baffling Christian conundrum.
I truly want to understand why sexual based dreams show up when:
- I pray (particularly at key watches of the night)
- Fast (for periods longer than I have done before)
- Listen to the bible playing whilst asleep
I find that these sexual dreams are not only confusing but disturbing and discouraging. I don’t really have any clear or logical explanation of this which makes this frustrating. I have prayed and asked Hod for wisdom.
This has been persistent for years (again please do not assume that there is a hidden ongoing sin). Now, I am not going to get up here and say I am without sin (that would make me a liar) but honestly if I was still engaging in any remote form of sexual sin I would have my answer and would not post here for support and prayer.
I just feel that there is some sort of resistance to me progressing in my spiritual life. Perhaps my spirit is weak in many ways and cannot rebuke these things directly in my dreams when my guard is down (but I just can’t reconcile this with my investment in prayer and fasting).
Either way, I know The Power of God and the price Jesus paid on the cross is more powerful than this so I want to be living in that power and not experiencing this contradiction.
This isn’t something that I will ever accept as “just the way it is” I need clarity and breakthrough and would appreciate prayer, advice and or a testimony from others who may have experienced this and have successfully experienced breakthrough.
Thank you in advance for praying for me
Blessings
I am a Christian and believe in Jesus. I would like to clarify that I do not consume secular media with sexual content. I also do not engage in sexual activity or desire it whilst awake. There is no specific related sin (or generational sin) that requires confession or repentance that I am aware of. I wanted to mention this upfront because I find that a lot of well meaning believers automatically make this assumption and provide advice that does not address this baffling Christian conundrum.
I truly want to understand why sexual based dreams show up when:
- I pray (particularly at key watches of the night)
- Fast (for periods longer than I have done before)
- Listen to the bible playing whilst asleep
I find that these sexual dreams are not only confusing but disturbing and discouraging. I don’t really have any clear or logical explanation of this which makes this frustrating. I have prayed and asked Hod for wisdom.
This has been persistent for years (again please do not assume that there is a hidden ongoing sin). Now, I am not going to get up here and say I am without sin (that would make me a liar) but honestly if I was still engaging in any remote form of sexual sin I would have my answer and would not post here for support and prayer.
I just feel that there is some sort of resistance to me progressing in my spiritual life. Perhaps my spirit is weak in many ways and cannot rebuke these things directly in my dreams when my guard is down (but I just can’t reconcile this with my investment in prayer and fasting).
Either way, I know The Power of God and the price Jesus paid on the cross is more powerful than this so I want to be living in that power and not experiencing this contradiction.
This isn’t something that I will ever accept as “just the way it is” I need clarity and breakthrough and would appreciate prayer, advice and or a testimony from others who may have experienced this and have successfully experienced breakthrough.
Thank you in advance for praying for me
Blessings

Prayer Focus: God, Thank You for loving me. Thank You for loving me, Jesus. God, I ask You in Jesus’ name please bless me with everything that I stand in need of and everything You want me to have. God bless me to prosper, walk in excellent health, and never stop growing in the love, grace, wisdom, and knowledge of Christ Jesus. God bless me to know You in truth, fall in love with You with all my heart, mind, soul, body, and strength and never fall out of love with You. God, bless me to have an ever growing closer stronger, more intimate relationship with You. Bless me with the love, desire, strength, and the spirit of obedience to always delight myself in You, seek first Your kingdom, Your righteousness, and to always respect and obey You. Bless me to know You, the way You want me to know You. So that I will trust You with my life and anyway that You move in my life. Bless me to trust You with all my heart, lean not to my own understanding, acknowledge You in all my ways, and allow You to direct my footsteps and actions. Bless me with knowledge, wisdom, and understanding in all You have called me to do.