Rushing=a sign of the fallen nature?

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

You see ants scurrying around in an "ant farm"running in all directions.But I don't think ants have a developed brain like us,they go by instinct. Now I'm a "do things at my own pace" person. I rush if nessesary,like to meet tight deadlines, but I don't LIKE it.In fact, I HATE speeding things up beyond my natural pace.But it seems to me,that most people nowadays,they seem to build a whole lifestyle around rushing around.And the annoying part, they try to push it on others,like tailgating,honking the horn the second after the light changes,{or even honking at you when there's a reason you stopped , like a pedestrian crossing in front of you.{Like I'm supposed to run over the pedestrian because the one behind me is in an insane rush?}Give me a break.!Also, weaving in and out of traffic to be "first".At a store these pushy types go so close behind you they're almost standing inside your body.To me, they're using a primitive instinct, and are no better than an ant, or a bunch of cockroaches scurrying around when you turn the light on.No wonder they call it "the rat race."So how this ties in spiritually, the people I see doing this are{based on some of their other actions}most likely unsaved, and so I ask--we read in the Bible, "the works of the flesh are numerous, and they are______", But I ask, is this driving oneself, pushing and pushing, can't sit still,nervous energy, restlessness,impatience,are these also works of the flesh,like signs of the fallen nature?I certainly don't think they're acting very Spirit filled.

Once you and I ge old and sick, our rushing to get more money will deminish and with time will come to an end. We should use our energy while we have it, to glorify the Lord. It is not our fallen nature that makes us all rush after we cannot take to heaven, it is the devil who want us all busy and worry about nothing. Let Jesus lead our desires and our steps so we will not miss our eternal home in heaven.

Don't rush, but appreciate the moment in between things as just as important as the next thing. Don't try to maximize, but instead practice letting go. In Proverbs 19:2 it says desire without knowledge is not good and whoever make haste with his feet misses his way. We cannot get through our Christian walk of faith without patience. In Jeremiah 17:9 the heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?

You see ants scurrying around in an "ant farm"running in all directions.But I don't think ants have a developed brain like us,they go by instinct. Now I'm a "do things at my own pace" person. I rush if nessesary,like to meet tight deadlines, but I don't LIKE it.In fact, I HATE speeding things up beyond my natural pace.But it seems to me,that most people nowadays,they seem to build a whole lifestyle around rushing around.And the annoying part, they try to push it on others,like tailgating,honking the horn the second after the light changes,{or even honking at you when there's a reason you stopped , like a pedestrian crossing in front of you.{Like I'm supposed to run over the pedestrian because the one behind me is in an insane rush?}Give me a break.!Also, weaving in and out of traffic to be "first".At a store these pushy types go so close behind you they're almost standing inside your body.To me, they're using a primitive instinct, and are no better than an ant, or a bunch of cockroaches scurrying around when you turn the light on.No wonder they call it "the rat race."So how this ties in spiritually, the people I see doing this are{based on some of their other actions}most likely unsaved, and so I ask--we read in the Bible, "the works of the flesh are numerous, and they are______", But I ask, is this driving oneself, pushing and pushing, can't sit still,nervous energy, restlessness,impatience,are these also works of the flesh,like signs of the fallen nature?I certainly don't think they're acting very Spirit filled.
Restless people tend to bully anyone who they think is slow. If you are in attendance of one person, the rushing characters will push forward and demand that you attend to them first before the person who is already in a session. They upset everyone. This also happens when driving. Self centredness is a selfish act and out of humility and resilience which are traits of good christians.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Be still and know that I am God.... says the Lord. I will be exalted among the people, I will be exalted on the earth. Hear the voice of the Lord. He want us all quiet and llsstening to His voice. He want us all in tune with His will and what He want us all to do. To love Him with all our heart, mind and soul and to be all He want us to be. Rushing in life will not solve any problem we have. It will increase stress, worry and depression.

Love to sit at the lake and read Gods word and sing praises to Jesus. He comforts the troubled soul who loves to rush into things that will pass away with time. Let us all wait on the Lord and hear His voice. Come to Me and rest.

Love to sit at the lake and read Gods word and sing praises to Jesus. He comforts the troubled soul who loves to rush into things that will pass away with time. Let us all wait on the Lord and hear His voice. Come to Me and rest.
Also need to turn the cell phone off when at the lake, otherwise it will bomb off, interrupting your fellowship.

Be still and know that I am God.... says the Lord. I will be exalted among the people, I will be exalted on the earth. Hear the voice of the Lord. He want us all quiet and llsstening to His voice. He want us all in tune with His will and what He want us all to do. To love Him with all our heart, mind and soul and to be all He want us to be. Rushing in life will not solve any problem we have. It will increase stress, worry and depression.
I agree, I in particular, am in a process of learning to slow down; learning to say no to prevent taking too much in my plate. Drawing a line is difficult it causes a guilty conscience 🙉

Similar Requests

• Article
Jesus wants to send blessings upon blessings on those who seek Him and love Him with all their heart, mind and soul. He wants all of them healed, helped and blessed in their life. Revival in our heart and our churches is not just an emotional experience, but it is a resetting of our hearts...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The Stoning Of Stephen I cried, I grieved, and I pondered his story ALL day, and now it seems to be an everyday thing. But I don't understand why I wept ALL day. I didn't even know Stephen. His story seemed to be very short, yet, I mourned him. But Stephen SAW the heavens opened up, he SAW the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Special Message To The Cities: Obedience is better than sacrifice... It seems that I have been preaching this message for ever; but it is so very humbling, in ways that no one else can imagine, when Jesus himself confirms that message, verbatim. Those of us who call ourselves by His name...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Adaptation: The Message Bible While we are not to bring attention to ourselves by requiring that people follow our ritualistic instructions, we are to bring attention to Christ by proclaiming His Word and pointing them in and to His direction and instruction. Again, there's just something...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Call to Repentance ¹About this time Jesus was informed that Pilate had murdered some people from Galilee as they were offering sacrifices at the Temple. ²“Do you think those Galileans were worse sinners than all the other people from Galilee?” Jesus asked. “Is that why they suffered? ³Not at...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom