REVERSAL OF FORTUNE

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Continuing on the topic of God's Processes, the following is a follow-up on the subtopic of "Loyalty To God's Call." By all appearances, it almost seems as though Jesus is setting His disciples up for failure. I admit that I was never wealthy, but come on…

Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” (Luke 18:22b)

This seems rather harsh. Doesn’t it?

If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. (Luke 14:26)

Can we at least bury our loved ones?

But Jesus told him, " Follow me now! Let those who are spiritually dead care for their own dead." (Matthew 8:22, NLT)

We can't even take along a few necessities?

Go your way; behold, I send you out as lambs among wolves. Carry neither money bag, knapsack, nor sandals; and greet no one along the road. But whatever house you enter, first say, ‘Peace to this house.’ And if a son of peace is there, your peace will rest on it; if not, it will return to you. And remain in the same house, eating and drinking such things as they give, for the laborer is worthy of his wages. Do not go from house to house. (Luke 10:3-7)

Seriously?! Well, all that, just seems wrong. Not at all like the compassionate Jesus that we've all heard about. But, His ways are not our ways. Jesus, wasn't by any means, being cold and heartless; these scriptures simply illustrate that nothing is to be given presidence over the call to discipleship. And in fact, Jesus is so adamant about this, that once you've accepted the call, turning back is so completely unacceptable, that indeed, He does speak harshly to those who backslide (aka run back to Egypt, take the easy way out).

Then Jesus declared, No one who puts his hand to the plow and then looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.” (Luke 9:62)

That's not to say that there’s no forgiveness. There is. For indeed forgiveness, even when we err in our assignments, comes by way of repentance. Still, as is palpable in the text, Jesus seems to have little patience for backsliders. Jesus even knew that, just as the devil sought to tempt Him, likewise would His disciples suffer such offenses. BUT, to those who offend...

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh! (Matthew 18:6-7)

IT IS ABSOLUTELY A SETUP. Howbeit, unto those who remain steadfast, and even to those who, having backslid, turn back to God, it is by no means a setup for failure; but rather, because of endurance of those offenses and persecutions in discipleship, it is quite the opposite:

Jesus said, "Mark my words, no one who sacrifices house, brothers, sisters, mother, father, children, land—whatever—because of me and the Message will lose out. They'll get it all back (now, in this time), but multiplied many times in homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and land—but also in troubles. And then the bonus of eternal life! This is once again the Great Reversal: Many who are first will end up last, and the last first." (Mark 10:29, MSG)

Once again, The Message Bible sums up the call to discipleship perfectly:

"Simply put, if you're not willing to take what is dearest to you, whether plans or people, and kiss it good-bye, you can't be my disciple. "Salt is excellent. But if the salt goes flat, it's useless, good for nothing. "Are you listening to this? Really listening?" (Luke 14:33-34)

Dear Heavenly FATHER, hallowed is Thy name. I come before Your throne humbled in repentance, pleading Jesus - Son of David, have mercy on me. Please forgive me for my trespasses against both You and man. I beg Your forgiveness, particularly where I have allowed myself to be provoked by the antagonistic interference of this multitude. Father God, where I have fallen short in grace, please instill in me even more compassion, that I might be all the more forgiving toward those who trespass against me. In Jesus' Righteous and Holy name I ask in prayer. Amen.
🙌 Thank You LORD for the setup 🙌
WORD OF GOD
Thanks be to God

📜

Oh, that it were simply about a ball game. It so is not. Let those who have ears to hear, hear.

Continuing on the topic of God's Processes, the following is a follow-up on the subtopic of "Loyalty To God's Call." By all appearances, it almost seems as though Jesus is setting His disciples up for failure. I admit that I was never wealthy, but come on…

Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” (Luke 18:22b)

If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. (Luke 14:26)

But Jesus told him, " Follow me now! Let those who are spiritually dead care for their own dead." (Matthew 8:22, NLT)

Go your way; behold, I send you out as lambs among wolves. Carry neither money bag, knapsack, nor sandals; and greet no one along the road. But whatever house you enter, first say, ‘Peace to this house.’ And if a son of peace is there, your peace will rest on it; if not, it will return to you. And remain in the same house, eating and drinking such things as they give, for the laborer is worthy of his wages. Do not go from house to house. (Luke 10:3-7)

Seriously?! Well, all that, just seems wrong. Not at all like the compassionate Jesus that we've all heard about. But, His ways are not our ways. Jesus, wasn't by any means, being cold and heartless; these scriptures simply illustrate that nothing is to be given presidence over the call to discipleship. And in fact, Jesus is so adamant about this, that once you've accepted the call, turning back is so completely unacceptable, that indeed, He does speak harshly to those who backslide (aka run back to Egypt, take the easy way out).

Then Jesus declared, No one who puts his hand to the plow and then looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.” (Luke 9:62)

That's not to say that there’s no forgiveness. There is. For indeed forgiveness, even when we err in our assignments, comes by way of repentance. Still, as is palpable in the text, Jesus seems to have little patience for backsliders. Jesus even knew that, just as the devil sought to tempt Him, likewise would His disciples suffer such offenses. BUT, to those who offend...

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh! (Matthew 18:6-7)

IT IS ABSOLUTELY A SETUP. Howbeit, unto those who remain steadfast, and even to those who, having backslid, turn back to God, it is by no means a setup for failure; but rather, because of endurance of those offenses and persecutions in discipleship, it is quite the opposite:

Jesus said, "Mark my words, no one who sacrifices house, brothers, sisters, mother, father, children, land—whatever—because of me and the Message will lose out. They'll get it all back (now, in this time), but multiplied many times in homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and land—but also in troubles. And then the bonus of eternal life! This is once again the Great Reversal: Many who are first will end up last, and the last first." (Mark 10:29, MSG)

"Simply put, if you're not willing to take what is dearest to you, whether plans or people, and kiss it good-bye, you can't be my disciple. "Salt is excellent. But if the salt goes flat, it's useless, good for nothing. "Are you listening to this? Really listening?" (Luke 14:33-34)

Dear Heavenly FATHER, hallowed is Thy name. I come before Your throne humbled in repentance, pleading Jesus - Son of David, have mercy on me. Please forgive me for my trespasses against both You and man. I beg Your forgiveness, particularly where I have allowed myself to be provoked by the antagonistic interference of this multitude. Father God, where I have fallen short in grace, please instill in me even more compassion, that I might be all the more forgiving toward those who trespass against me. In Jesus' Righteous and Holy name I ask in prayer. Amen.

WORD OF GOD
Thanks be to God

📜

Oh, that it were simply about a ball game. It so is not. Let those who have ears to hear, hear.

The only fortune I have is Jesus living in my heart and He is blessing me and those I have been praying for. I do not play lottery or anything the world offers. This too shall pass but those who trust the Lord will live forever.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

WORD OF GOD
Thanks be to God

📜

Jesus alone is my precious possesions I have. I do not need any more fortune coming to me.

Similar Requests

• Article
The closer we get to God the more of God we will experience. But there is a price we have to pay. We have to die to self-daily. And our "ego" and pride can keep us from paying the price and experiencing more of God. Ego stands for Easing God Out. Ego is the Latin word for "I." We must die to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Leviticus 19:4 Do not turn to idols or make for yourselves any gods of cast metal: I am the LORD your God. Leviticus 26:1 You shall not make idols for yourselves; neither a carved image nor a sacred pillar shall you rear up for yourselves; nor shall you set up an engraved stone in your land, to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
When storms hits our life and we have no place to go because our house is destroyed, our living arragemets are gone for good and then we will be evicted soon because of non payment of bills. Horrible things comes along our path and we need help from heaven above. Hear our cry. We call on the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
We shall live again in glory, with Jesus and all the angels in heaven. That is the promise of Gods word to all of us who believe, trust and wait for His arrival from glory to take each one of us to our heavenly home. Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is dismantled, we have a...
Replies
Views
  • Article
This is the deepest desire of all saints of God who came this morning to church to honor, to praise and glorify the Lord. His holy presence was so real and sick people were healed, those possesed by satan were delivered and we all started to praise and honor the Lord for the wonderful things...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom