Return to Biblical Authority (Deut 8:3, Ps 119:89, Matt 22:29, 2 Tim 3:16)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

"Jesus replied, 'You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God'" (Matt 22:29)
Lord, help us to esteem, study and honor the written Word of God as absolute authority that ends all opinions, doubts and speculations (Deut 8:3, Matt 4:4, Prov 19:21, Acts 15:15-17, Acts 28:24-27). Grant clarity and discernment to see through the fog of unbelief, skepticism, stoicism, secular humanism, atheism and other empty and hollow philosophies fed to us through Hollywood, education and the media (Eph 4:14, Col 2:8). Give us ability to reason and make life decisions from a Biblical worldview (Prov 29:18, Matt 22:29). May faith come from hearing The Word in believers across the world (Rom 1:17, Rom 10:17). This will bring innumerable benefits to the world (Ps 119:136, Hab 2:4, Isa 48:18), in Jesus’ Name.
"The Supreme Judge, by which all controversies of religion are to be determined, and all decrees of councils, opinions of ancient writers, doctrines of men, and private spirits, are to be examined, and in whose sentence we are to rest, can be no other but the Holy Spirit speaking in the Scripture" WCF 1:10 (Acts 15:15-17, Eph 2:20, Ps 119:89)
"Forever, O LORD, Your word is settled in heaven" (Ps 199:89)
"Jesus replied, 'You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God'" (Matt 22:29).
34 "Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn ‘A man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. 36 A man’s enemies will be the members of his own household'" (Matt 10:34-36)
19 "And His mother and brothers came to Him, and they were not able to get to Him, because of the crowd. 20 And it was told Him, 'Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, wishing to see You.' 21 But answering, He said to them, 'My mother and my brothers are those who are hearing and doing the Word of God'” (Luke 8:19-21)
"All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God a may be thoroughly equipped for every good work" (2 Tim 3:16)

Last edited:
Let Us Pray: God, I ask You in Jesus' name baptize Your children in the fire of Your holiness!
Break our hearts over what breaks Yours. May the things that delight You, delight us.
For then…we will have the desires of our hearts. God, please do this for every member
of this prayer site. Amen, so be it, and it is so by faith.

Last edited:
Amen! Thank You, Praise You Lord Jesus! Glory to You Lord Jesus!

We as believers, brothers and sisters at times have different roles. We can read the same exact scriptures but we see as Jesus wants us to see, hear what He wants us to hear.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
"Jesus replied, 'You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God'" (Matt 22:29)
Lord, help us to esteem, study and honor the written Word of God as absolute authority that ends all opinions, doubts and speculations (Deut 8:3, Matt 4:4, Prov 19:21, Acts 15:15-17, Acts 28:24-27). Grant clarity and discernment to see through the fog of unbelief, skepticism, stoicism, secular humanism, atheism and other empty and hollow philosophies fed to us through Hollywood, education and the media (Eph 4:14, Col 2:8). Give us ability to reason and make life decisions from a Biblical worldview (Prov 29:18, Matt 22:29). May faith come from hearing The Word in believers across the world (Rom 1:17, Rom 10:17). This will bring innumerable benefits to the world (Ps 119:136, Hab 2:4, Isa 48:18), in Jesus’ Name.
"The Supreme Judge, by which all controversies of religion are to be determined, and all decrees of councils, opinions of ancient writers, doctrines of men, and private spirits, are to be examined, and in whose sentence we are to rest, can be no other but the Holy Spirit speaking in the Scripture" WCF 1:10 (Acts 15:15-17, Eph 2:20, Ps 119:89)
"Forever, O LORD, Your word is settled in heaven" (Ps 199:89)
"Jesus replied, 'You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God'" (Matt 22:29).
34 "Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn ‘A man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. 36 A man’s enemies will be the members of his own household'" (Matt 10:34-36)
19 "And His mother and brothers came to Him, and they were not able to get to Him, because of the crowd. 20 And it was told Him, 'Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, wishing to see You.' 21 But answering, He said to them, 'My mother and my brothers are those who are hearing and doing the Word of God'” (Luke 8:19-21)
"All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God a may be thoroughly equipped for every good work" (2 Tim 3:16)
In Jesus'name Amen~God bless you 🙏

Similar Requests

• Article
Jeremiah describes a Pagan Custom very similar to Christmas In the following passage, Jeremiah describes a pagan custom that is very similar to Christmas in terms of its customs. Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen...
Replies
Views
  • Article
One day Jesus said to his disciples, "Let's cross to the other side of the lake." So they got into a boat and started out. As they sailed across, Jesus settled down for a nap. But soon a fierce storm came down on the lake. The boat was filling with water, and they were in real danger. The...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Original source: Apostle John Eckhardt’s book “Prayers that Rout Demons” Prayers for Enlargement and Increase: Break off of my life any limitations and restrictions placed on my life by any evil spirits in the name of Jesus. I bind and cast out evil spirits in the name of Jesus. Bless me...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible Verses About Prayer Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible Verses About Prayer Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom