'Responding to Faith' - Matthew 9:18-19

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

As Jesus was saying this [about old and new cloth and wineskins], the leader of a synagogue came and knelt before him. "My daughter has just died," he said, "but you can bring her back to life again if you just come and lay your hand on her."
So Jesus and his disciples got up and went with him.

Matthew 9:18-19 NLT

Key Thought​

True power meets true faith as Jesus and this leader of a synagogue meet each other. This important man shows no pretentiousness in the presence of Jesus. He bows to honor and worship him and make a request that was unthinkable. But even though his request was unimaginable, he pursued it with the eyes of faith. In the presence of such faith, Jesus is more than happy to help, and he does it in an unpretentious manner just as the leader of the synagogue was unpretentious in asking for Jesus' help.

Today's Prayer​

Give me a heart of faith, O God, that not only helps me see the unseen and believe the unimaginable, but also brings a blessing to you. I want to dream what is incredible knowing that you will do things much greater than I can even imagine. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2021 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
9JeCeSOVmU0

Continue reading...

Jesus, full of love and compassion on everyone who came to Him, went with the leader of a synagogue to touch and heal the daughter. He never refuse to help anyone. Lovely example we have to follow and obey.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
One day Jesus left the crowds to pray alone. Only his disciples were with him, and he asked them, "Who do people say I am?" "Well," they replied, "some say John the Baptist, some say Elijah, and others say you are one of the other ancient prophets risen from the dead." —Luke 9:18-19 NLT Key...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then [Jesus'] disciples began arguing about which of them was the greatest. —Luke 9:46 NLT Key Thought Jesus had just warned his disciples that he was going to be betrayed. [1] Instead of each of them questioning if he might be the offender, they wrestled with their own delusions of...
Replies
Views
  • Article
As [Jesus and the disciples] were walking along, someone said to Jesus, "I will follow you wherever you go." But Jesus replied, "Foxes have dens to live in, and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place even to lay his head." —Luke 9:57-58 NLT Key Thought Put in cornbread English...
Replies
Views
  • Article
While [Jesus] was still speaking to [the woman who had been healed by touching his robe], a messenger arrived from the home of Jairus, the leader of the synagogue. He told him, "Your daughter is dead. There's no use troubling the Teacher now." But when Jesus heard what had happened, he said to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The Lord now chose seventy-two other disciples and sent them ahead in pairs to all the towns and places he planned to visit. —Luke 10:1 NLT Key Thought The Lord didn't send his disciples out solo. He sent them out in pairs. Pairs were — and still are — more than twice as effective as a single...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom