Rejoice! (Nov 20th)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Verse
Mary responded, "Oh, how my soul praises the Lord. How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior!"

Luke 1:46-47 nlt

Thought
Praise emanates from our spirit. Honest, heartfelt adoration and respect for God comes from deep within our spirits. And as followers of Jesus, the Holy Spirit joins with our spirit and leads us to worship in ways not possible without the Holy Spirit (John 4:23-24; Ephesians 5:15-21). Just as Jesus rejoices in the Spirit (Luke 10:21), we also are filled with joy through the Holy Spirit (Acts 13:52; Romans 14:17). So our hearts join with Mary in praise of God who sent his Son into the world so we can be saved.

Prayer
O Father, my soul rejoices in your grace and adores you for your sacrificial love. Fill me with your Holy Spirit, so that together with my spirit, I can worship you and bring praise to your glorious name. Through Jesus I pray. Amen.

Devotional provided by Heartlight®
© 1996-2016. All rights reserved.

SKOOMuz-9Lo
View the full article

Similar Requests

• Article
The content of worship, adoration and worship comes out from Gods word. The goal of our personal worship is to give praise to God wherever we are. Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth. Serve the Lord with gladness. Come into His presence with singing. Enter His gates with...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Some people think we should worship Mary because they think she above God because she is the mother. But Mary never ever asked to be worshipped or adored nor asked to be an intercessor for lost souls to enter heaven. Only Jesus intercedes for us before the Father. Gods word is true. God...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus said to Nicodemus,] "Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life. So don't be surprised when I say, 'You must be born again.'" —John 3:6-7 NLT Key Thought Not religious practice. Not religious accomplishment. Not religious titles. Not...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus said,] "Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth." —John 4:23-24 NIV Key Thought...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus said,] "But the time is coming — indeed it's here now — when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way. For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth." —John 4:23-24 NLT...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom