Refiners Fire

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

"and He (God) shall sit as a refiner and Purifier of silver" Malachi 3:3

A friend emailed me the following story several years ago that tells about how a few ladies met to study the Bible, and when they read this verse, one of the ladies decided to visit a silversmith to learn about the process of refining silver.

After the smith had described it to her, she asked,"Do you have to sit and watch while the work of refining is going on?"

"oh yes madam," replied the silversmith; "I must keep my eyes steadily fixed on the furnace, for if the time necessary for refining be exceeded in the slightest degree, the silver will be injured."

The lady at once saw the beauty, and comfort too, of the expression, "HE shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver."

God sees it needful to put His children into a "furnace", with His eye steadily intent on the work of purifying us. His wisdom and love are both engaged in the best manner for us,and He will not let us be tested beyond what we can endure.

Before she left the lady asked one final question, "When do you know the process is complete?"

"That is quite simple," replied the silversmith. "when I can see my own image in the silver, the refining process is finished.

God bless you all. I will continue to lift you up in prayer for God glory.

wow, never knew how the way it is done-makes me to appreciate His love even more..thanks you so much for sharing this article, dear mdl :')

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
You alone o Lord are holy and pure. We must follow You and walk in the steps of Jesus loving others, helping them to find the right way to enter heaven. Hallelujah for the Lord God almighty reigns. Holy, are You Lord God almighty. Worthy is the Lamb. You are holy. Let us join David in...
Replies
Views
  • Article
To be a fruit bearing tree, we must fully surrender our whole lives to Him. We thank and praise Him. We teach people to be saved and baptized in water. We must ask Father in Jesus name to be forgiven of sins known and unknown. Ask Him to forgive the sins...
Replies
Views
  • Article
It is absolutelty amazing, and indeed I remain in continual awe of the Word and ways of God. He has given me much to impart; but first I must acknowledge the Word of confirmation received a few days ago in follow-up to the pronouncement over the city of Atlanta. As I said before, whether...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus continued,] "Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Won't she light a lamp and sweep the entire house and search carefully until she finds it? And when she finds it, she will call in her friends and neighbors and say, 'Rejoice with me because I have found my lost coin.' In...
Replies
Views
  • Article
GLORIOUS SABBATH DAY PEOPLE OF GOD For far too many, the scrubbed clean, smilng image of Jesus on the cross can inadvertently produce a sort of numbness, even dismissive attitude toward the suffering He had to endure to ransom our lives. But, the Bible reminds us that, indeed it was anything...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom