Recognizing false churches

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

"For such are deceitful workers, transforming themselves into ministers of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. So it is no wonder if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness. But their end shall be according to their works."So how do we know the difference,if they imitate us?Well ,2 things I personally think are a "giveaway" are:I've heard this many times, they preach a message that's somewhat "off" the actual Gospel message,but say that theirs is the "real" gospel message, and for years, soon after Jesus went back to heaven, the Gospel as we know it is "wrong",and all the "other " churches nowadays,they're the ones "following Satan,and the pastor says, THEIR church is the" only true church", who God raised up in the last days,to give the "right" Gospel.And they say,"Don't listen to the "other" churches. only listen to "my" church!!Another thing I think is a giveaway is,{along with thinking they found"the" church}is I 've heard them say,they don't want to "share" things about their beliefs with those "outside" their belief system.But wait!!What did Jesus actually say?"Go out and preach the Gospel to every nation, Those who believe and are baptized will be saved. Those who don't will be damned."GO OUT AND PREACH THE GOSPEL TO EVERY NATION.A little different from not wanting to talk to the "unwashed" like these groups.SOOO...do you think those are some signs that tell you something about them?I would say so.

You won't know unless you test the spirit of the pastors and teachers. Let all men be liars and God be the truth :)

All the churches had something wrong with them in Revelations, didn't they? Are the pastors all men with one wife? God does have guidelines for us to know that a church is right or wrong. It is up to us to search God's Word to know, right?

You won't know unless you test the spirit of the pastors and teachers. Let all men be liars and God be the truth :)

All the churches had something wrong with them in Revelations, didn't they? Are the pastors all men with one wife? God does have guidelines for us to know that a church is right or wrong. It is up to us to search God's Word to know, right?[There's nothing wrong with making others aware of something that looks "offkey", so they'll be on the alert for it.And if they're doing everything "right" from day one, we wouldn't think to test them.When they set off "alarm bells" ,when I post it, it might make others more aware, and check it out for themselves.But you think EVERYTHING I do is wrong.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

That is some what disturbing that you would say that I think everything you do is wrong. I didn't disagree with you in the slightest. I simply stated what the Bible states in 1 John 4 to test or try the spirits to first find out if they have the Holy Spirit. You ask what we think about things you state but when all I do is reply with what the Bible states you think I'm not agreeing with you when I am only quoting scripture. In 1 Timothy 3 we find God's rules for our leaders in the church.

It is possible to be wrong about something and yet be right with God. If you really want to know what others think than the only way to know if what we think is right we should lay them and even ourselves next to the Word of God which is Jesus.

I don't know why you think you know what I'm thinking especially when I have let you know time and time again that I am only thinking about what I read in scripture.

I have actually called every church in my town to test or try the pastors to see if they are even true believers which is one of the first things we should do if we desire to attend a church, isn't it?

That is some what disturbing that you would say that I think everything you do is wrong. I didn't disagree with you in the slightest. I simply stated what the Bible states in 1 John 4 to test or try the spirits to first find out if they have the Holy Spirit. You ask what we think about things you state but when all I do is reply with what the Bible states you think I'm not agreeing with you when I am only quoting scripture. In 1 Timothy 3 we find God's rules for our leaders in the church.

It is possible to be wrong about something and yet be right with God. If you really want to know what others think than the only way to know if what we think is right we should lay them and even ourselves next to the Word of God which is Jesus.

I don't know why you think you know what I'm thinking especially when I have let you know time and time again that I am only thinking about what I read in scripture.

I have actually called every church in my town to test or try the pastors to see if they are even true believers which is one of the first things we should do if we desire to attend a church, isn't it?
Alright well...sometimes when you post it seems to me that your reply is a little ambiguous,like It could be taken that you're just replying,and quoting why you agree,or you instead of agreeing with me about what I'm noticing, in this case I thought ,given your tendency to "brush things under the rug"{always tell me,"why do you think of such things?"}I thought you might have been criticizing me for bringing up the subject.In other words, given that we HAVE HAD so many disputes{think differently},it's probably like a "boy who cried wolf" reaction.{On my part}Idid recheck it once or twice, and I must admit it sounded more like just a "response" than being critical of me personally.But in general....the fact that I mention it{false churches} to others on the site, and it might make them more aware of such things,{and this is the blog page}I don't see any wrong with my mentioning it.

Last edited:
R
"For such are deceitful workers, transforming themselves into ministers of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. So it is no wonder if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness. But their end shall be according to their works."So how do we know the difference,if they imitate us?Well ,2 things I personally think are a "giveaway" are:I've heard this many times, they preach a message that's somewhat "off" the actual Gospel message,but say that theirs is the "real" gospel message, and for years, soon after Jesus went back to heaven, the Gospel as we know it is "wrong",and all the "other " churches nowadays,they're the ones "following Satan,and the pastor says, THEIR church is the" only true church", who God raised up in the last days,to give the "right" Gospel.And they say,"Don't listen to the "other" churches. only listen to "my" church!!Another thing I think is a giveaway is,{along with thinking they found"the" church}is I 've heard them say,they don't want to "share" things about their beliefs with those "outside" their belief system.But wait!!What did Jesus actually say?"Go out and preach the Gospel to every nation, Those who believe and are baptized will be saved. Those who don't will be damned."GO OUT AND PREACH THE GOSPEL TO EVERY NATION.A little different from not wanting to talk to the "unwashed" like these groups.SOOO...do you think those are some signs that tell you something about them?I would say so.
If they don't preach Christ in their churches they are anti Christ.

Similar Requests

• Article
Like hearing aids, God places messengers, not to force others to heed, that's the gift of free will; but rather, whether spoken or written, to aid those who are willing to heed the heard message. Such is my ministry and I will not be silenced by bullies. It continues to baffle me as to why so...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Isaiah 58:1 "Shout it aloud, do not hold back. Raise your voice like a trumpet. Declare to my people their rebellion and to the descendants of Jacob their sins. WHOSE BABY IS IT? We must be mindful of whose advice we follow. Nowhere in the Bible are we instructed to mock, mistreat, or...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Good morning people of God! Encouragement To Continue In Faith The little ones to whom Jesus refers with such fervent passion, vowing to avenge, are His disciples; those of us who stand in the face of the enemy to defend His honor and exalt His Holy name. Though many refuse to hear, and may...
Replies
Views
  • Article
What is the meaning of Christmas? Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Christ. And we celebrate His birth because of what He came to do. 1. To Do the Will of the Father “For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me.” John 6:38 “Then I said...
Replies
Views
  • Article
What I love most about God is His faithfulness. He is everso faithful to lead those who are willing to follow. He continues to lead me. Thank You LORD. Being the author and finisher, He leaves no thing undone. When I sought Him about the loose ends in this assignment, He indubitably...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom