Received with Joy (Nov 27th)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Verse
So you received the message with joy from the Holy Spirit in spite of the severe suffering it brought you. In this way, you imitated both us and the Lord.

1 Thessalonians 1:6 nlt

Thought
How can a convicting message, a message that calls us to turn our lives around (1 Thessalonians 1:9-10), bring joy in the middle of suffering? First, that message is true. Second, that message points us to a better way. Third, that message comes accompanied by the ultimate Message-Giver, the Holy Spirit. Joy is inspired, sustained, and produced by the Holy Spirit.

Prayer
O Father, inspire joy in me and those I love. I do not ask for this selfishly, but so that others can sense this deep and abiding joy within me and be open to hearing the message of Jesus, responding to his call to believe, and discovering the joy that is possible only because of the Spirit's presence in our lives. I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

Devotional provided by Heartlight®
© 1996-2016. All rights reserved.

kzwroXGKS0E
View the full article

Similar Requests

• Article
Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon me [Ezekiel], and he told me to say, "This is what the LORD says to the people of Israel: I know what you are saying, for I know every thought that comes into your minds." —Ezekiel 11:5 NLT Key Thought We can scheme, plan, and plot quietly. We can tell...
Replies
Views
  • Article
So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father's one and only Son. —John 1:14 NLT Key Thought God was not content just to proclaim his message — his Word — to us! God wasn't satisfied...
Replies
Views
  • Article
God sent a man, John the Baptist, to tell about the light so that everyone might believe because of his testimony. —John 1:6-7 NLT Key Thought For most of us to have heard the message of Christ, there had to be a "John" for us! Who was your "John"? Who prepared the soil of your heart to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then the Spirit lifted me [Ezekiel] and brought me to the east gateway of the LORD's Temple, where I saw twenty-five prominent men of the city. Among them were Jaazaniah son of Azzur and Pelatiah son of Benaiah, who were leaders among the people. —Ezekiel 11:1 NLT Key Thought Ezekiel's...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then [the Spirit] said [to Ezekiel], "Son of man, get all these words that I'm giving you inside you. Listen to them obediently. Make them your own. And now go. Go to the exiles, your people, and speak. Tell them, 'This is the Message of GOD, the Master.' Speak your piece, whether they listen or...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom