Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Readers Wanted
Music - In Christ Alone

Scripture:
1 Thessalonians 2:13

For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe.

When researchers for the American Bible Society’s annual State of the Bible report saw 2022’s survey statistics, they found it hard to believe the results. The data said roughly 26 million people had mostly or completely stopped reading the Bible in 2022. There are book clubs, libraries filled with books and news stands in every airport that are searched daily by readers looking for something to read. God is truth and is another aspect of God’s character that shows itself throughout the Bible. Some say truth is relative and it can be overwhelming to know where to go for truth. These days, data and personal opinion are two things people often turn to. But the Bible is ultimately where truth is found. We ask God to show us His truth when we read the Scriptures. The Old Testament Book of Proverbs contains wisdom for life and is a great place to start when looking for biblical truth.*1 Do you ever wonder, “What does God want to do in my life? How do I know which path to follow?” There are a lot of Bible verses that mention God’s will, but Romans 12:2*2 and 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18*3 give us a broad and specific answer. I realize I am preaching to the choir; but, the challenge is for us to be aware of how far we have fallen as a nation. As we open God's Scripture, as we hear the message of God preached, why not ask for the Holy Spirit to help us understand, apply, and put into practice what is being taught? Let's offer our hearts to the Great Physician to do his work in us so we can encourage others.*4 Jesus simply calls us to be his disciples.*5 There are no sideline disciples. There are no back-seat driver Christians. We either choose the Lordship of Jesus, or else we reject it. We need to continue to work on transforming our thought life to align with God’s thoughts. How? By reading God’s Word. More specifically, live in joy, pray always and radiate gratitude for the blessings in our lives. We are not to prop ourselves up with our own ill-advised understandings but rather, we should take God at His Word and trust in the Lord with all our hearts – even on those occasions when we don’t understand. Have a blessed new week!

Prayer: Father, I believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior. I believe that he came to earth as a human, lived an exemplary life of grace and power, and died for my sins so I could live for you, and with you, forever. Please forgive me, Father, for the times that I have hedged on my commitment to you and flirted with the darkness. I want to live for you with passion, joy, and fulfillment. I want to be transformed to be like Christ. I ask that as I open your Scriptures and hear your Word preached and taught, that the Holy Spirit penetrate my heart and convicts me of sin, discomfort me in areas where I need growth, and stir me in areas where I need motivation to be more like Jesus. Help me in always being prepared to share with the lost the Good News of forgiveness of sins and eternal life. In the powerful name of Jesus the Christ! Amen

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
I did not say that Jesus was a Black man; but, what would it matter if He were? While we are not to engage in endless-mindless debate about lineage; as disciples of Christ, we are to defend and bring forth understanding of the Gospel (the truth about the life and purpose of Jesus), as imparted...
Replies
Views
  • Article
https://donnareidland.com/how-to-successfully-read-through-the-bible/ Why It Is So Important to Read through the Bible even if you've tried and failed in the past December 2, 2022 Posted by Donna Reidland Christian Living This year is fast drawing to a close and many of us are thinking...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Another housetop moment. Oftentimes, to their own detriment, people tend to get hung up on titles and terminology. It sometimes helps to break it down to the most basic level by simply looking it up in the dictionary. Disciple: (noun) One who accepts and assists in spreading the doctrines of...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Welcome to the third installment of a series on premarital sex. In Part 1, we looked at what the Bible says about premarital sex. In Part 2, we addressed challenges to the Church’s ban on premarital sex. I intended the third post to be about how to maintain sexual integrity, but then I realized...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And His Name Shall Be Called by John MacArthur For such an aggressively godless culture, we still tend to hear the name Jesus Christ with surprising frequency. It’s tragic that the world has turned the Lord’s name into a blasphemous exclamation, but it should not surprise us. Satan can’t erase...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom