Proverbs Chapter 4

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Here is the Proverbs Chapter to Read for Today.

Feel free to reply after reading it with any insights or observations.

Proverbs, Chapter 4

4:1 Hear, [my] sons, the instruction of a father, And attend to know understanding:

4:2 For I give you+ good doctrine; Don't forsake+ my law.

4:3 For I was a son to my father, Tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother.

4:4 And he taught me, and said to me: Let your heart retain my words; Keep my commandments, and live;

4:5 Get wisdom, get understanding; Don't forget, neither decline from the words of my mouth;

4:6 Don't forsake her, and she will preserve you; Love her, and she will keep you.

4:7 Wisdom [is] the principal thing; [therefore] get wisdom; Yes, with all your getting get understanding.

4:8 Exalt her, and she will promote you; She will bring you to honor, when you embrace her.

4:9 She will give to your head a chaplet of grace; A crown of beauty she will deliver to you.

4:10 Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings; And the years of your life will be many.

4:11 I have taught you in the way of wisdom; I have led you in paths of uprightness.

4:12 When you go, your steps will not be straitened; And if you run, you will not stumble.

4:13 Take fast hold of instruction; don't let her go: Keep her; for she is your life.

4:14 Don't enter into the path of the wicked, And don't walk in the way of evil men.

4:15 Avoid it, don't pass by it; Turn from it, and pass on.

4:16 For they don't sleep, except they do evil; And their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall.

4:17 For they eat the bread of wickedness, And drink the wine of violence.

4:18 But the path of the righteous is as the dawning light, That shines more and more to the perfect day.

4:19 The way of the wicked is as darkness: They don't know at what they stumble.

4:20 My son, attend to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings.

4:21 Don't let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart.

4:22 For they are life to those who find them, And health to all their flesh.

4:23 Keep your heart with all diligence; For out of it are the issues of life.

4:24 Put away from you a wayward mouth, And perverse lips put far from you.

4:25 Let your eyes look right on, And let your eyelids look straight before you.

4:26 Make level the path of your feet, And let all your ways be established.

4:27 Don't turn to the right hand nor to the left: Remove your foot from evil.

(UPDV Translation - Copyrighted, Used By Permission. A raised + sign next to a word means plural.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Proverbs 4 is a serious and intent call for attention to his teachings. This Proverb commends wisdom and professes it to be supreme. If we not only accept wisdom, but also have a love of wisdom; that wisdom will keep us from evil, and evil will be kept from us. This Proverb also cautions us against the wicked and their ways, to avoid their path and to turn away from it. The wicked will not rest or be appeased, until they have made one of God’s children fall from grace. The ways of the wicked are in such darkness, that they do not even know what causes them to stumble. They are truly “the lost.†Verse 23 tells us, that above all else, we must guard our hearts, because the heart is the wellspring of life. Our hearts are the depository for all the wisdom and the source of whatever affects life and the character each person. The Proverb goes on to warn us of speaking in an ill or perverse manner. We must pursue a direct and sincere purpose, thereby avoiding temptations to the beginnings of evil. We should ponder, or consider a wise course. This course can only be a result of forethought using that supreme wisdom mentioned earlier. Finally, we are told to avoid all paths of evil and to live a life of integrity, which will require attention to our heart (the wellspring of life), our speech (no perversity or ill-manner), our eyes (focus straight ahead on the righteous path, do not turn left or right, turn away from the wicked) and our conduct.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
default_drum.gif

Savior I come, I quiet my soul, remember

Oh and everything Redemption's hill where Your blood was spilled

For my ransom, yeah, yeah

everything

I once held dear

I count it all as lost

And lead me to the cross where Your love poured out

Bring me to my knees, Lord, I lay me down

And rid me of myself, I belong to You

Oh, lead me, lead me to the cross

You were as, I tempted and trialed, human

Word became flesh, bore my sin and death

Now You're risen, yeah

Oh and everything I once held dear

And lead me to the cross where Your love poured out

And bring me to my knees, Lord, I lay me down

Oh lead me, oh, lead me, lead me to Your heart

Lead me to Your heart

Lead me to Your heart

Lead me to Your heart
default_drum.gif

Lead me to the cross where Your love poured out

And bring me to my knees, Lord, I lay me down

Oh lead me, lead me, lead me, lead me

Lead me to the cross, lead me to the cross, yeah

default_flirt.gif
default_heart2.gif
default_jesus-sign.gif

Attentiveness to the hearing of the word of God,\ is a good sign of a work of grace begun in the heart, and a good means of carrying it on. God gives the remedy for all diseases of the soul through His Word. We must set a strict guard upon our souls; keep our hearts from doing hurt, and getting hurt.

Do not forsake wisdom please... The Holy Spirit in your heart will give you the reason to live by faith and the wisdom to give The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Let us all fear and trust God at all times. Reading His word, praying for the needs of others and living a life that God will be proud of to be called children. My prayer today is for everyone to never ever forsake wisdom. Keep it in your heart and share with others the wonderful news that Jesus saves and gives peace to all who seek Him with his or her whole heart. Amen

Health to all their flesh. Did you see how wisdom could be a health to your flesh?  Jesus is our healer and guide to a better health. He gave food to five thousand people who were listening attentively to his teaching. Blessed are the poor in the spirit... We also should start listening to Gods voice and serve Him with our whole heart and soul. Then health will come to our bones and our lives will turn for the best. What a wonderful thought. To be near our heavenly father and be in good health. Eating vegetables and fruits instead of junk food that is loaded with fat. Please Jesus, give us the bread of life in our heart and will give you thanks for ever. Amen

The way of the wicked is darkness. How true this one verse is. We see the wicked all the time in our streets, in the mall and in our own churches. They are full of violence, hate and loneliness. But God wants to save all of them. But it is each one of them who should come to the feet of Jesus to ask forgiveness of their sins. Their marriage is going down the tube and they need help because they have forgotten God and do not obey the commandments of Jesus. Love your neighbor as yourself. He said. Instead the wicked hate their wives, they fight and yell and scream so loud the neighbors can hear all the cursing and yelling. Please Jesus, save all this people who are suffering. They are so far away from you and need the healing power of God. The fruits of the spirit is Love, Mercy, Compassion care,  Please let us have in our hearts all the fruits of the Holy Spirit . Amen

Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom