Prophetic Dream about sleeping Christians and churches

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Asleep in the Church​

DECEMBER 17, 2023 4:50 PM
LIZ LAU

2023-12-17

In this dream I was in a small church. It was a very traditional church setting with all wood furniture. A worship service was going on. I was standing up praying and could feel the presence of the Holy Spirit.

The scene changed and I found myself sleeping on a church bench. The place had become dim during the service but I didn’t realize until later. I was now on a different bench that was comfortably padded and there were two pillows in homey pillowcases, as if saying it’s ok to go to sleep.

The pastor wanted to wake me up but didn’t want to put me on the spot, so he didn’t say anything. The only time he came over was to hand me a hymn booklet. It was my own snoring that embarrassed me enough to want to get up, but I was too sleepy and gave up after a few tries.

After a while I woke up (still in the dream). It was then that I suddenly realized that the place had grown dark. It was so dark I could barely see, let alone read the Bible or sing from a hymn book. Then I remembered when I last saw the pastor, he had entered through the side door. It dawned on me that the service was over and everyone was gone. I was left there all alone in the dark.

At first I thought the dream was about me not staying alert, but it could also be about the overall state of the church. In that case, the early church was alert and worshipped in spirit and in truth, and the Holy Spirit was with them. But since then the light was gradually removed and more and more compromises made to cater to sins and fleshly desires. People are lured to sleep not even knowing they need to repent and turn away from sins. The church is now largely sluggish and asleep, unaware of the deepening darkness around them. There are pastors who may want to do the right thing but they render themselves powerless and ineffective by self-censorship. They really need to think twice because it’s souls that are at stake here. You wouldn’t want to leave anyone in the dark simply because you don’t want to embarrass or offend them.

This dream reminds me of Isaiah 6:9-11. It says those who have ears but don’t understand, and have eyes but don’t perceive, will remain so until cities are without people and the land is utterly desolate. In other words, they will finally wake up when it gets to that point. In the dream I woke up after everyone was gone and it was all dark.

By the way, in Matthew 13:15, Jesus quoted Isaiah 6:10 from the Septuagint (LXX): “For the heart of this people has become gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.” (Brenton Septuagint Translation)

We have all encountered people who don’t want to listen and whose eyes glaze over when they see something they don’t want to deal with because it would discredit their own belief system. They gamble with their own soul in their pride. I pray that the Lord soften their hearts and melt away their pride and stubbornness, and draw them to Jesus, and that all who consider themselves Christian truly come to know Him and be known by Him, and to walk humbly with Him.

I never sleep in church. I want to see Jesus moving all around us, hearing our songs of praise, healing the sick, blessing each one who come to Him. The altar is always open and anyone can come to the Lord and ask forgiveness of sins and all evil shall depart from us.
amen I don't even go to church I got chucked out of my small group meeting for telling them the truth about the evil of pagan Christmas and that SAturday is the sabbath not sunday et. The churches in your country are probably better

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armour of light.- Romans 13:12 New International Version - UK I was so excited to put on my new for the first time, but after just a few hours I wanted to throw them away. My eyes ached and head throbbed from adjusting to the new...
Replies
Views
Please Help Bind all attacks lord we need revelation and from this dentist they’re not being clear in what is exactly they’re going to do today, their phone kept going off and on and tried calling back but they didn’t answer it was after hours then, praying they call and explain and be clear...
Replies
Views
Update 3: Some good and bad news. I’m not going to have a job for the next school year but they allowed me to stay until the end of this year. I’m depressed over the situation because in the meeting I had I was accused of “stealing resources” and they went through my things expecting to find...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Exodus 27–28,Matthew 21:1–22 In humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. - Philippians 2:3–4 Humility is difficult, and can be inconvenient. As I queued to enter the Church of the Nativity in...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Leviticus 1–3 , Matthew 24:1–28 We prayed to our God and posted a guard day and night to meet this threat. - Nehemiah 4:9 When Wallace and Mary Brown moved to an impoverished part of Birmingham, England, to pastor a dying church, they didn’t know that a gang had made the...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom