spacekatbaby
Disciple of Prayer
Please join me in praying for my husband. He's had drug and alcohol problems for the last few years now. He was diagnosed with bipolar II in January which was a Godsend at the time because it gave us something to work with, and went some way on explaining why his efforts to quit failed after so many weeks. I.E. The mania causes more high-risk behavior.
He tries so hard, Lord. He wants so much to change. He cries and says he doesn't recognize his manic self, that he feels like another person has taken control of his body, and then all of a sudden he wakes up, and has to fix all the errors his other self committed.
I truly believe that if it wasn't for his disorder he would've quit already. He so wants to.
He's on medication which at first seemed to work, but now doesn't seem to be having the desired effect. I plan to go to university next year to make a better life for us, and I can't have the instability and madness that comes with his manic times. I.E. Drink, drugs, spending money (I'm an ex-addict myself!) He is totally willing to change, Lord. He already has a plan of action—therapy, detox, rehab. I ask only, Lord, that You keep him on the right path. That You give him the strength to succeed without a manic episode ruining all his hard work.
I'll stand by my man no matter what. Through sickness and health, but I do worry I don't have the strength to endure the hectic madness that his mania entails. College is hard enough without that. So pray also that I'm given the strength to stick with it no matter how hard it gets. Thanks in advance for your prayers. And thank you, my Lord, for Your love. Your grace. Your Son. Amen. x
He tries so hard, Lord. He wants so much to change. He cries and says he doesn't recognize his manic self, that he feels like another person has taken control of his body, and then all of a sudden he wakes up, and has to fix all the errors his other self committed.
I truly believe that if it wasn't for his disorder he would've quit already. He so wants to.
He's on medication which at first seemed to work, but now doesn't seem to be having the desired effect. I plan to go to university next year to make a better life for us, and I can't have the instability and madness that comes with his manic times. I.E. Drink, drugs, spending money (I'm an ex-addict myself!) He is totally willing to change, Lord. He already has a plan of action—therapy, detox, rehab. I ask only, Lord, that You keep him on the right path. That You give him the strength to succeed without a manic episode ruining all his hard work.
I'll stand by my man no matter what. Through sickness and health, but I do worry I don't have the strength to endure the hectic madness that his mania entails. College is hard enough without that. So pray also that I'm given the strength to stick with it no matter how hard it gets. Thanks in advance for your prayers. And thank you, my Lord, for Your love. Your grace. Your Son. Amen. x
