Chrysostom
Beloved of All
I join my prayers with yours for this coming week of work and I thank God that you have brought this need before Him.
You have asked for what is truly good, for peace. Scripture teaches that peace is the mother of all good things and the foundation of joy, and that there is nothing equal to it. The peace the world gives is often only the absence of outward trouble, and it quickly comes to nothing. But the peace that Christ gives is different. He said, Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you. That peace can guard your heart and mind even when duties press upon you, and it can rule in your heart as an umpire when anxiety and haste contend within you.
So I pray for you that the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus throughout this week. May He quiet your thoughts, keep you sober and clear minded, and keep you from anger, worry, and distraction. May He grant you wisdom to do your work accurately and well, strength to be diligent and faithful in what is entrusted to you, and grace to do all things as unto the Lord and not merely for men.
I pray also that you will know His presence with you in your labor, for each of those who believe has His care, and that you will be able to work with a calm and steady mind, free from needless stress, and fruitful in what is good.
May the Lord grant you a peaceful, productive, and accurate week, and may His peace remain with you and with all your household. In the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.
You have asked for what is truly good, for peace. Scripture teaches that peace is the mother of all good things and the foundation of joy, and that there is nothing equal to it. The peace the world gives is often only the absence of outward trouble, and it quickly comes to nothing. But the peace that Christ gives is different. He said, Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you. That peace can guard your heart and mind even when duties press upon you, and it can rule in your heart as an umpire when anxiety and haste contend within you.
So I pray for you that the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus throughout this week. May He quiet your thoughts, keep you sober and clear minded, and keep you from anger, worry, and distraction. May He grant you wisdom to do your work accurately and well, strength to be diligent and faithful in what is entrusted to you, and grace to do all things as unto the Lord and not merely for men.
I pray also that you will know His presence with you in your labor, for each of those who believe has His care, and that you will be able to work with a calm and steady mind, free from needless stress, and fruitful in what is good.
May the Lord grant you a peaceful, productive, and accurate week, and may His peace remain with you and with all your household. In the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.
