Paranoid ever since watching a horror movie. Had a nightmare or possible "sleep paralysis" incident a few days ago.

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

I watched some parts of the Conjuring 2 some weeks ago, and things have never been the same for me. Not that anything bad is happening in my home but I feel just scared all the time, like something is gonna pop out at me in the dark. I'm afraid I'll start seeing things or hearing things, I'm afraid to go into a dark room or walk past a dark place, I look behind me when walking down the hall. Now its been made worse since Sunday when I either was dreaming or had what seemed to be a sleep paralysis experience where I felt like I was being held down by something and breathing on my face. I'm afraid to sleep now, I sometimes have to have the lights on, even my mother had to sleep in my room the past couple nights. This is terrible. I pray fervently all day and all night but I feel almost like this is just getting worse. I talked to my parents about this but they just keep telling me try to forget about it but it's not that easy, they try to help but I feel they just don't understand. Am I just being unneccesarily freaked out over a horror movie or it is something greater? Has anyone had similar experiences like this?

I watched some parts of the Conjuring 2 some weeks ago, and things have never been the same for me. Not that anything bad is happening in my home but I feel just scared all the time, like something is gonna pop out at me in the dark. I'm afraid I'll start seeing things or hearing things, I'm afraid to go into a dark room or walk past a dark place, I look behind me when walking down the hall. Now its been made worse since Sunday when I either was dreaming or had what seemed to be a sleep paralysis experience where I felt like I was being held down by something and breathing on my face. I'm afraid to sleep now, I sometimes have to have the lights on, even my mother had to sleep in my room the past couple nights. This is terrible. I pray fervently all day and all night but I feel almost like this is just getting worse. I talked to my parents about this but they just keep telling me try to forget about it but it's not that easy, they try to help but I feel they just don't understand. Am I just being unneccesarily freaked out over a horror movie or it is something greater? Has anyone had similar experiences like this?
Hello Indigoflower,
I cannot watch those movies as I am super sensitive to those things. I learned yesterday that sometimes the activities we do can open doors for demons. Jesus can drive them out, and if you have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, just tell those things to depart from you in Jesus name. I have had experiences and would be awake at nights as you are. Every time my mind goes there, i remind myself that Jesus holds the power, not anything else, and nothing can take us away from our Heavenly Father. It wasnt a one and done prayer, sometimes i held conversations with Jesus quite a few times at night. In Jesus Name release those demons. and guard what you watch, what you do, not even horoscopes.
Hope this was helpful. I know how scary it can be.

Hello Indigoflower,
I cannot watch those movies as I am super sensitive to those things. I learned yesterday that sometimes the activities we do can open doors for demons. Jesus can drive them out, and if you have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, just tell those things to depart from you in Jesus name. I have had experiences and would be awake at nights as you are. Every time my mind goes there, i remind myself that Jesus holds the power, not anything else, and nothing can take us away from our Heavenly Father. It wasnt a one and done prayer, sometimes i held conversations with Jesus quite a few times at night. In Jesus Name release those demons. and guard what you watch, what you do, not even horoscopes.

Hello Indigoflower,
Does it only work if you're saved?

Does it only work if you're saved?
that is an interesting question, and I can only pray that i can be a value in answering. you know that feeling when you are scared and frightful? Imagine the feeling of peace. calm, quiet, comforting, soothing stillness That is the peace of God which I have felt, I also have felt the absence of God. Really, I think we are all saved, it just depends on acceptance. I would say, get to know Jesus. I cannot express what the difference in life is when Jesus is in your heart and life. There is not one sin that is too big for Him to not have forgiven on the cross. Ask Him into your heart. Ask HIm to release you from the bondage of demons. I speak the truth of my experiences. I have listened to Dr David Jeremiah online and Pastor Rick Warren. These messages will drastically change your life. Demons know Jesus and they are of no match, where Jesus is, they cannot be. I am praying for you.

that is an interesting question, and I can only pray that i can be a value in answering. you know that feeling when you are scared and frightful? Imagine the feeling of peace. calm, quiet, comforting, soothing stillness That is the peace of God which I have felt, I also have felt the absence of God. Really, I think we are all saved, it just depends on acceptance. I would say, get to know Jesus. I cannot express what the difference in life is when Jesus is in your heart and life. There is not one sin that is too big for Him to not have forgiven on the cross. Ask Him into your heart. Ask Him to release you from the bondage of demons. I speak the truth of my experiences. I have listened to Dr David Jeremiah online and Pastor Rick Warren. These messages will drastically change your life. Demons know Jesus and they are of no match, where Jesus is, they cannot be. I am praying for you.
I always thought I was saved, I asked for salvation when I was about 8 or 9. But as I got older I began to feel like I wasn't. At that age I didn't fully understand what it meant to be saved, I don't know if I really asked from the heart, I was doing it for the wrong reasons. I feel like when you become saved, you will feel it and know it, a great joy coming over you. I felt none of that. And I've always had a rather weak relationship with Jesus, lately I've been deviating. I don't read the Bible, I don't go to church and I've always been reluctant to. Only now ever since this terrible thing happened to me do I feel the urge to make changes and get back to God. Perhaps that's why this is happening to me. But I just don't know. I feel so lost and hopeless and I'm praying so hard even now but I feel like I'm being ignored. Sorry if I'm going on and on, I'm just so desperate to speak to someone about this, my dad has been through spiritual struggles as well and still is yet even I can't talk to him about these things just yet..

Yes, God is calling you. Sometimes we feel that we can't feel HIm, but have the faith that He is there. I was living a life of sin, and for months I could not sleep. I happened to be driving and going thru radio stations and I heard a sermon from Dr David Jeremiah. I am not here to promote any one for any other reason than to tell you, if you spend the 24 minutes a day listening to the Word of God you will have a relationship that you cannot fathom.

https://www.oneplace.com/ministries/turning-point/?utm_source=OnePlace_Streaming &utm_medium=Clicks &utm_campaign=traffic &gclid=CjwKCAjwg_fZBRAoEiwAppvp-axtygmY7vyyLrnUsDE98-A25CfeTmHhLMhmZWR-1ifsdrtOTKeq9hoCc2YQAvD_BwE

that is a link to Dr David Jeremiah. I had to google Bible Study on line. It is important to read God's Word. He speaks to us and He gives us strength and comfort in HIs verses. Talk to Him like a dear brother. He is knocking on the door of your heart. Let Him in. And get to know HIm. Eternity is forever, you wont regret inviting Jesus in today. It will be a new life.

I also have to add, that I can tell in your post that you want a relationship with God because you are praying hard. Have faith He will hear you even if you dont "feel" it yet. He is there. He wants you to have a fullfilled life. He wants to get to know you. I am praying for you. Keep the faith, even if you don't "feel " it yet!!!

I also have to add, that I can tell in your post that you want a relationship with God because you are praying hard. Have faith He will hear you even if you dont "feel" it yet. He is there. He wants you to have a fullfilled life. He wants to get to know you. I am praying for you. Keep the faith, even if you don't "feel " it yet!!!
Thank you so much for listening, I will definitely check out that link, thank you so much and God Bless.

Infigoflower keep praying. Make a decree stsnding on the wird of God according to Luke 10:19. God gave us authority to trample on poisonous serpents and scorpions; power over all evil powers in the heavenlies, and nothing evil shall fall upon us in Jedus name. Thou shalt declare a thing and it shall be established unto you snd the light of God shsll shine on you (Job 22:28). Take devine cover for your sleep in Jesus name. Martha

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
"If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ’every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ If they...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I'm sorry if this is negative. Or saddening. I just want to get my thoughts out there and I feel like I need help. God is always listening but what am I doing wrong? I'm so anxious. Sad. Depressed. Worried. Stressed. Like it's all too much. I don't want God to stop working in my life-I don't...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Call to Repentance ¹About this time Jesus was informed that Pilate had murdered some people from Galilee as they were offering sacrifices at the Temple. ²“Do you think those Galileans were worse sinners than all the other people from Galilee?” Jesus asked. “Is that why they suffered? ³Not at...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The primary purpose of our assignments is that God uses us as the vessels through whom He can bring His Word to pass. One of the best parts of the prophet’s assignment is that we get to announce the good news. Howbeit, whether to believe, or not to believe, is the city’s prerogative. Just as...
Replies
Views
  • Article
GLORIOUS SABBATH DAY PEOPLE OF GOD Have you ever heard a bad sermon? The one that seem to be never ending. It just goes on, and on…and on? About a year, or so, ago, I encountered a young man who, espousing my tormentors’ teachings, took me to task publicly, regarding one of my posts. Now...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom