Our elderly parents.

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

God has given us wonderful parents who love and cared for us. Taking us to church and making sure we were in Sunday School learning about Jesus.
Now, they are old and weak.
Some are in nursing homes and others in retirement communities.
They love to be at home with their children and grand children.
Some of them refuse to go to a nursing home and stay at home.
What should we do for them?

Treat them politely and hear what they want to say.
Look for the good in them what they did and what they want us to do.
Listen attentively when they want to talk. Sometimes blessings comes from their heart.
Accept their decisions and help them achieve what they want.
Seek to please them, help them and hear what they want to do.
Thank God for them, for their life and example.
Remember, they raised us up to what we are today.

Gods word clearly says...
Honor thy father and thy mother so your years will be long on the earth. Exodus 20.12

Dear God, I am so thankful for the wonderful parents you sent my way. They were so kind and good to all of us. Bless them and help them in any way possible.
In Jesus name. Amen

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Love my parents so much. They did everything in their power for us to be on our way to heaven. Took to church and make sure we were memorizing verses of the Bible. I am thankful for them. Yes, we must take care of our elderly parents. I do, it is hard but with Gods grace and mercy we can do it and obey Gods word. To honor our parents because we love Jesus we also love those who brought us here to earth.

Olfie
God has given us wonderful parents who love and cared for us. Taking us to church and making sure we were in Sunday School learning about Jesus.
Now, they are old and weak.
Some are in nursing homes and others in retirement communities.
They love to be at home with their children and grand children.
Some of them refuse to go to a nursing home and stay at home.
What should we do for them?

Treat them politely and hear what they want to say.
Look for the good in them what they did and what they want us to do.
Listen attentively when they want to talk. Sometimes blessings comes from their heart.
Accept their decisions and help them achieve what they want.
Seek to please them, help them and hear what they want to do.
Thank God for them, for their life and example.
Remember, they raised us up to what we are today.

Gods word clearly says...
Honor thy father and thy mother so your years will be long on the earth. Exodus 20.12

Dear God, I am so thankful for the wonderful parents you sent my way. They were so kind and good to all of us. Bless them and help them in any way possible.
In Jesus name. Amen
Oldies suddenly become a burden to their children when they become frail and dependent to their children. As an oldie I have psychologically conditioned myself for that moment/phase. Preparing myself how to deal with it. I will not expect anyone to take care of me and will not have or begrudge anyone. God is a great provider in times of need.

Similar Requests

• Article
This is a beautiful gift for children as they celebrate Christmas and for the parents to enjoy teaching them Gods word. A wonderful gift for the New Year is a Bible App for kids. Soft and easy were our craddle. Coarse and hard our Saviors lay. For us He came. To suffer and save. When His...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Children will come around asking for candy or cookies. They are lost and their parents also are lost because they are doing what God did not tell us to do. Witchcraft does not come from the Lord, that is for sure. So, when they come and knock your door, then give them this items to them. A...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I had a burden for all of them, like fans coming out of nowhere, they show up and tells you things that only Jesus knows what is going on in their life. Some are lonely living in a remote area, while others are living in a crowded city where no one cares or speaks to them. Some a wealthy, some...
Replies
Views
Parents living out of a motel again, they're not sure where they're going to go. Their weekly rent is due today and they don't know if they should stay here or try and go down south where the cost of living is more affordable. They have a friend that knows of a vacancy in his apartment complex...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Like many of us, the redeemed of the Lord I grew up attending church services and healing sermons that touched our heart. But I was not saved and I was not on my way to heaven. My parents could not do the saving nor they can take me to glory with them. It is so personal to believe, to...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom