On His Way Rejoicing (Nov 28th)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Verse
When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught Philip away. The eunuch never saw him again but went on his way rejoicing.

Acts 8:39 nlt

Thought
Jesus. Baptism. The Holy Spirit. Cross-cultural sharing of the Good News about Jesus. Rejoicing. These things go together. Jesus had commanded that his followers share these in his last words before he ascended back to the Father (Matthew 28:18-20). The apostles declared it during the first public declaration of the Good News to Jews (Acts 2:33-39). Now, as Jesus had commanded, the message was moving out from its birthplace in Jerusalem into other places and being shared with other races and producing the same joyous results. Where the message of Jesus is received and the Holy Spirit is experienced, people are brought the joy of salvation.

Prayer
O Father, use me and those in my spiritual family, to make a difference in the lives of others. Help us introduce them to Jesus and unleash the power of the Holy Spirit into their lives so that they can experience the joy of your salvation. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Devotional provided by Heartlight®
© 1996-2016. All rights reserved.

wjDyx7agcXU
View the full article

Similar Requests

• Article
As [Philip and the Ethiopian eunuch] rode along, they came to some water, and the eunuch said, "Look! There's some water! Why can't I be baptized?" He ordered the carriage to stop, and they went down into the water, and Philip baptized him. When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him. When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Philip away, and the eunuch did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus and traveled about, preaching the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God's Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, "Abba, Father." —Romans 8:14-15 NLT Key Thought "She wanted a mother. She...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The Spirit told Philip, "Go to that chariot [carrying an Ethiopian official] and stay near it." —Acts 8:29 NIV Key Thought As in a previous Key Thought section, we are reminded again that reaching the ends of the earth with the good news of Jesus is the Holy Spirit's work. Throughout the book...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Another whispered impartation I understand that I take great risk in openly sharing this revelation, but because God has commanded it, I give no second thought to man's opinion. I was reminded today of yet another similarly between parts 1 and 2 of this double-cup Ensign Assignment. The...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom