Nobody is reading this thread right now.

The word "change" can stir up many emotions in ones soul. Worry, anxiety, fear all start running through your mind when you even hear the word. But consider this, without change the world, our lives would be stagnant. The same thing, day after day, night after night. It would be the movie Ground Hog Day where we find Bill Murray reliving the same day over and over again. How boring would that be? Not all change is bad? It is all in how you look at it.

Moving to a new home and having to go to a new school is often scary. You find yourself wondering if you will make new friends or like the neighbors. Getting married and moving in together is change, especially if you still live with your parents. The birth of your children is a huge change in your life. Scary yet so amazingly fulfilling it is beyond words. What about the change of a job. This can be frightening as well. The unknown, meeting new co-workers, trying to impress your boss with your prowess.

There are good and bad advantages to change. It is all on how you look at it? Our lives are always changing. No one in life goes without some sort of change. From the biggest changes to the smallest ones.

The death of a family member, getting laid off or fired from your job, to gaining 20 lbs and trying to lose it, to losing your hair or slowing down physically. Change is all around us and we cannot control it.

So how do we deal with the change that blows your way unannounced? Simple.....it is 3 letters! God!

God is our only answer for all change in our lives. When we want to make a change ourselves, we should pray and seek God's wisdom and guidance. When change is forced upon us, we should pray for God's peace and comfort and seek his wisdom for us to grow during this time. We grow deeper in our faith when going through the tough changes in life. I have a sign hanging in my kitchen that says "Faith makes things possible, not easy".

No one said it would be easy!

Jesus said on the Sermon on the Mount, "Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." God's compassion never fails, they are new every morning. (Lamentations 3:22-23). Like the manna from Heaven, just enough for us each day! It is fresh! It isn't even day old leftovers! Fresh, each and every morning!

I have been through of a lot of tough changes in my life. Some by my choice and some by others. Although it isn't easy I have learned what the bible tells us in Romans 5, suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope doesn't disappoint us!

I wouldn't be where I am at today with my life and my faith if it wasn't for change. I have some battle scars to prove it but in the end it is all worth it if we persevere through it and always have our hearts and our eyes focused on God. He can get you through anything. Sometimes it is baby steps we need to take and that is okay. So long as you are moving forward there is hope! We need to pick up our cross daily and walk out of it with Jesus. We can't change others only ourselves. Choose wisely, there is freedom through Christ!

The word "change" can stir up many emotions in ones soul. Worry, anxiety, fear all start running through your mind when you even hear the word. But consider this, without change the world, our lives would be stagnant. The same thing, day after day, night after night. It would be the movie Ground Hog Day where we find Bill Murray reliving the same day over and over again. How boring would that be? Not all change is bad? It is all in how you look at it.

Moving to a new home and having to go to a new school is often scary. You find yourself wondering if you will make new friends or like the neighbors. Getting married and moving in together is change, especially if you still live with your parents. The birth of your children is a huge change in your life. Scary yet so amazingly fulfilling it is beyond words. What about the change of a job. This can be frightening as well. The unknown, meeting new co-workers, trying to impress your boss with your prowess.

There are good and bad advantages to change. It is all on how you look at it? Our lives are always changing. No one in life goes without some sort of change. From the biggest changes to the smallest ones.

The death of a family member, getting laid off or fired from your job, to gaining 20 lbs and trying to lose it, to losing your hair or slowing down physically. Change is all around us and we cannot control it.

So how do we deal with the change that blows your way unannounced? Simple.....it is 3 letters! God!

God is our only answer for all change in our lives. When we want to make a change ourselves, we should pray and seek God's wisdom and guidance. When change is forced upon us, we should pray for God's peace and comfort and seek his wisdom for us to grow during this time. We grow deeper in our faith when going through the tough changes in life. I have a sign hanging in my kitchen that says "Faith makes things possible, not easy".

No one said it would be easy!

Jesus said on the Sermon on the Mount, "Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." God's compassion never fails, they are new every morning. (Lamentations 3:22-23). Like the manna from Heaven, just enough for us each day! It is fresh! It isn't even day old leftovers! Fresh, each and every morning!

I have been through of a lot of tough changes in my life. Some by my choice and some by others. Although it isn't easy I have learned what the bible tells us in Romans 5, suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope doesn't disappoint us!

I wouldn't be where I am at today with my life and my faith if it wasn't for change. I have some battle scars to prove it but in the end it is all worth it if we persevere through it and always have our hearts and our eyes focused on God. He can get you through anything. Sometimes it is baby steps we need to take and that is okay. So long as you are moving forward there is hope! We need to pick up our cross daily and walk out of it with Jesus. We can't change others only ourselves. Choose wisely, there is freedom through Christ!
The reason I don't like change is so far in every case with no exceptions, the original situation benefits me, and the change "screws things up" , makes it more complicated,or I have to give up things I originally had. Also, usually the change is "forced on me" through circumstances I didn't ask for,so it's not my choice.So no, I'm no fan of change.

The one thing we can count on in our Lives! God! and Change! Without God we would not Be! Without Change we would be struck in a rut. I love change. Everyday is a new advantage. Sometimes change in our lives cancause a change reaction. Sometimes for the Good or we may think for the worse. But placing our fears back into God's hands, with out the change in our life we would not experience what God wanted us to see, hear, touch, taste, live etc.... Example A few days ago, I was taking my regular path home and something in me said, turn here and take a different path home. I did and drove along the lake front. I witness the most beautiful sun set with and electrical heat storm in the clouds. I pulled over for about 30 minutes to enjoy God's free show. By making this change in my path home, I show a beautiful free show and I was saved from someviolence The path I would have taken would have brought me through a rough area in town. Their was a shooting on the street with one dead and three injured. This took place at about the same time I would have been driving in that area. Trust in God! Trust in the changes God is placing in your daily lives. Pray for Peace!

Change my heart o God.. change it for the good and to be a blessing to eveyone. When God changes our life it means He wants to bless us and make sure that we know that we do not belong to this world. We belong to our heavenly home where nothing will change but we will be praising and adoring Jesus for all eternity.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom