Love supercedes law

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Many are not fully aware how far the New Testament reaches. A high standard of order has been establish that goes beyond all laws.
The old spoke of a time where the laws will be written in our heart, ushering a new covenant.
-Jeremiah 31:31
Many non-believers suggest that the new testament gives a carte-blanche to sin because of forgiveness and mercy. Nothing can be further than the truth.
A Christian is now accountable for not only his/her actions ( found in the letter of the law) but also his/her thoughts found in the new testament. Our true feelings are under scrutiny. The old laws were written on stone while the new are etched on living stone (hearts)
Jesus introduced the Royal Law with specifics edicts not found in the old.
Matthew 5:28 -lusting in your mind is adultery;
1 John 3:15 - hating is murder
James 2:8-10 refers to stumbling on one point of the law and you have broken all laws. This is not found in the old.
Matthew 5:44 Love, bless, do good, and pray for those who hate you. Again this message flies in the face of the old.
Matthew 6:6 refers to praying in secret -not like tradional practices did bringing attention to oneself. Love is a selfless act.
In Matthew 6:24 Jesus stated that You can't serve two masters; either Love or hate but not both.
Roman 8:6-7 - For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
The old testament does not reach as far as the new.
Walking with Jesus is walking with in Divine Love- agape. You walk in Love respecting everyone. You are indeed responsible of your thoughts. The old does not adequately reach one's intent.
You must have a pure heart - a loving mind. A tall order but with our Heavenly Father anything is possible.
Stay Strong in God' Love.

This is something to ponder and digest. Thank you for posting this. Last night, my husband and I's devotional was over "justice and mercy." This seems to follow up on that. We so easily pray for justice for others, but mercy for ourselves. It seems like this is kind of what Jesus was trying to tell me. I was always a justice fanatic. I wanted justice for the poor, the abused, the mistreated and the broken, but how many times have I not had a pure heart In my dealings with others? How many times have I done others wrong, especially in my youth? Yet here I go to his throne room and ask for justice for others, but mercy for myself. None of us are perfect, and Christ knows that, or we would have saved ourselves, but it sure does put it all into perspective. It helps me realize that I have to stop sitting up on my high horse and step down and be more compassionate, especially for those who are unsaved and appear cruel. I have to be more like Jesus. Thanks again for posting.

This is something to ponder and digest. Thank you for posting this. Last night, my husband and I's devotional was over "justice and mercy." This seems to follow up on that. We so easily pray for justice for others, but mercy for ourselves. It seems like this is kind of what Jesus was trying to tell me. I was always a justice fanatic. I wanted justice for the poor, the abused, the mistreated and the broken, but how many times have I not had a pure heart In my dealings with others? How many times have I done others wrong, especially in my youth? Yet here I go to his throne room and ask for justice for others, but mercy for myself. None of us are perfect, and Christ knows that, or we would have saved ourselves, but it sure does put it all into perspective. It helps me realize that I have to stop sitting up on my high horse and step down and be more compassionate, especially for those who are unsaved and appear cruel. I have to be more like Jesus. Thanks again for posting.
No one is without sin. I do try to walk righteously but I falter at times. LOVE is tough! In God's Love sister.

I once heard, “Salvation is free, but the fine print will kill you.” I have never agreed with that more than in this current state of ecumenism.

John 5:13 “But the man who was healed did not know who it was, for Jesus had slipped away while the crowd was there. 14 Afterward, Jesus found the man at the temple and said to him, “See, you have been made well. Stop sinning, or something worse may happen to you.” 15 And the man went away and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well.…

Again, we are urged to not take the grace of God in vain, John 8:10 “Then Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are your accusers? Has no one condemned you?’ 11’No one, Lord,she answered.Then neither do I condemn you,’ Jesus declared.Now go and sin no more.’ 12 Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life.”

No one was as “full of Grace and Truth” (John 1:14). We would do well to attempt to maintain His standards of both love and truth.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
But remember...there's a difference between love and approving of their sin...a lot of Christians I get the impression seem to "defend" the sins commited when another Christian points it out, or tell us we should not turn down a request from a sinner that would make it easier for them to sin. Sin is still sin, whether we try to whitewash it or not.Out of "love" we must not go the other extreme and encourage, or make it easier for, the person to persist in their sin.

But remember...there's a difference between love and approving of their sin...a lot of Christians I get the impression seem to "defend" the sins commited when another Christian points it out, or tell us we should not turn down a request from a sinner that would make it easier for them to sin. Sin is still sin, whether we try to whitewash it or not.Out of "love" we must not go the other extreme and encourage, or make it easier for, the person to persist in their sin.
That is right. Sin should never be defended. Clearly not an act of Love. Unfortunately most people don't understand Divine Love as oppose to terresterial love. To better understand what I was refering to, here is my definition of Love extracted from the bible;

Love is an act of faith to honourably pursue the well-being, edification, and prosperity of every person without any biases of favouritism or fear. It is a forward action that can never stop or one risk hating.

Love's intent is to restore and edify. It truly is tough. Some people may indeed settle for an easier path and defend their sin. As Christians we must continuously Love.

In God's Love. ❤

Many are not fully aware how far the New Testament reaches. A high standard of order has been establish that goes beyond all laws.
The old spoke of a time where the laws will be written in our heart, ushering a new covenant.
-Jeremiah 31:31
Many non-believers suggest that the new testament gives a carte-blanche to sin because of forgiveness and mercy. Nothing can be further than the truth.
A Christian is now accountable for not only his/her actions ( found in the letter of the law) but also his/her thoughts found in the new testament. Our true feelings are under scrutiny. The old laws were written on stone while the new are etched on living stone (hearts)
Jesus introduced the Royal Law with specifics edicts not found in the old.
Matthew 5:28 -lusting in your mind is adultery;
1 John 3:15 - hating is murder
James 2:8-10 refers to stumbling on one point of the law and you have broken all laws. This is not found in the old.
Matthew 5:44 Love, bless, do good, and pray for those who hate you. Again this message flies in the face of the old.
Matthew 6:6 refers to praying in secret -not like tradional practices did bringing attention to oneself. Love is a selfless act.
In Matthew 6:24 Jesus stated that You can't serve two masters; either Love or hate but not both.
Roman 8:6-7 - For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
The old testament does not reach as far as the new.
Walking with Jesus is walking with in Divine Love- agape. You walk in Love respecting everyone. You are indeed responsible of your thoughts. The old does not adequately reach one's intent.
You must have a pure heart - a loving mind. A tall order but with our Heavenly Father anything is possible.
Stay Strong in God' Love.

But Jesus said something different:

KJB1611 Matthew 25:

30 And cast yee the vnprofitable seruant into outer darkenesse, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

31 ¶ When the Sonne of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy Angels with him, then shall hee sit vpon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations, and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepheard diuideth his sheepe from the goats.

33 And he shall set the sheepe on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say vnto them on his right hand, Come ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdome prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

35 For I was an hungred, and yee gaue me meate: I was thirstie, and ye gaue me drinke: I was a stranger, and ye tooke me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sicke, and yee visited me: I was in prison, and ye came vnto me.

37 Then shal the righteous answere him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fedde thee? or thirstie, and gaue thee drinke?

38 When saw wee thee a stranger, and tooke thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sicke, or in prison, and came vnto thee?

40 And the King shall answere, and say vnto them, Uerely I say vnto you, in as much as ye haue done it vnto one of the least of these my brethren, ye haue done it vnto me.

41 Then shall he say also vnto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into euerlasting fire, prepared for the deuill and his angels.

42 For I was an hungred, and yee gaue me no meat: I was thirstie, and ye gaue me no drinke:

43 I was a stranger, and yee tooke me not in: naked, and ye clothed mee not: sicke, and in prison, and yee visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answere him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sicke, or in prison, and did not minister vnto thee?

45 Then shall he answere them, saying, Uerely, I say vnto you, in as much as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall goe away into euerlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternall.

But Jesus said something different:

KJB1611 Matthew 25:

30 And cast yee the vnprofitable seruant into outer darkenesse, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

31 ¶ When the Sonne of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy Angels with him, then shall hee sit vpon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations, and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepheard diuideth his sheepe from the goats.

33 And he shall set the sheepe on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say vnto them on his right hand, Come ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdome prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

35 For I was an hungred, and yee gaue me meate: I was thirstie, and ye gaue me drinke: I was a stranger, and ye tooke me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sicke, and yee visited me: I was in prison, and ye came vnto me.

37 Then shal the righteous answere him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fedde thee? or thirstie, and gaue thee drinke?

38 When saw wee thee a stranger, and tooke thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sicke, or in prison, and came vnto thee?

40 And the King shall answere, and say vnto them, Uerely I say vnto you, in as much as ye haue done it vnto one of the least of these my brethren, ye haue done it vnto me.

41 Then shall he say also vnto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into euerlasting fire, prepared for the deuill and his angels.

42 For I was an hungred, and yee gaue me no meat: I was thirstie, and ye gaue me no drinke:

43 I was a stranger, and yee tooke me not in: naked, and ye clothed mee not: sicke, and in prison, and yee visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answere him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sicke, or in prison, and did not minister vnto thee?

45 Then shall he answere them, saying, Uerely, I say vnto you, in as much as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall goe away into euerlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternall.
I'm not sure what you mean about Jesus said something different. My blog stem from the beatitudes, words from our Lord. As you have noted by your selection of verses, Jesus is explaining that Love must be ministered to all... to the poor, to the prisoners. By citing these verses you 'appear' to be agreeing that Love has a greater scope - it's far reaching. I may be misunderstanding your point. Please clarify.

Similar Requests

• Article
Give God all the glory, all the honor and all the praise, He want us all full of His presence in your life so you will shine like the sun in a dark world. Away sad and lonely voices calling. Old and forgotten pain no more. My heart has found a remedy. A true joy in life. Deep inmersed in Him...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I sent my prophets to cut you to pieces. I have slaughtered you with my words, threatening you with death. [Lamentations 2:14a] My people are defiled by prostituting themselves with other gods! [Hosea 6:10(b)] God refers to those other gods, whose instructions people opt to follow, instead of...
Replies
Views
  • Article
What does the New Testament say about anxiety? 2 Timothy 1:7 reads, “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” John 14:27 talks about the peace that God can give. In it, it says, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jeremiah describes a Pagan Custom very similar to Christmas In the following passage, Jeremiah describes a pagan custom that is very similar to Christmas in terms of its customs. Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen...
Replies
Views
  • Article
GLORIOUS SABBATH EVENING PEOPLE OF GOD Solomon said, "There is nothing new under the sun." Therefore, on this, the first Sabbath of 2024, I great you with a familiar, or what could be labeled an "Old New Message." A fitting resolution for the year ahead. The familiar message in God's...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Top Bottom