'Looking to Bless' - Mark 5:30-34

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[When the woman who had suffered bleeding for twelve years touched his robe,] Jesus realized at once that healing power had gone out from him, so he turned around in the crowd and asked, "Who touched my robe?"
His disciples said to him, "Look at this crowd pressing around you. How can you ask, 'Who touched me?'"

But he kept on looking around to see who had done it. Then the frightened woman, trembling at the realization of what had happened to her, came and fell to her knees in front of him and told him what she had done. And he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace. Your suffering is over."

Mark 5:30-34 NLT

Key Thought

At first glance, we can misinterpret Jesus' intentions. Some have said that Jesus is just trying to make sure others see that he has done a great miracle. However, if we listen to the Spirit's message in this event, we see that Jesus is looking to bless this woman for her demonstration of faith. Affirmation abounds for steps taken in faith in the New Testament. Now if we can just make steps of faith abound in our churches and families!

Today's Prayer

Loving God, thank you for adopting me into your people and your family. Use me to help welcome others who come to be a part of your people of faith. Use me to bless and affirm their efforts to honor you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings

Ⓒ 1996-2020 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
N2n93ExLiG8

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
While [Jesus] was preaching God's word to them, four men arrived carrying a paralyzed man on a mat. They couldn't bring him to Jesus because of the crowd, so they dug a hole through the roof above his head. Then they lowered the man on his mat, right down in front of Jesus. Seeing their faith...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralyzed man, "My child, your sins are forgiven." But some of the teachers of religious law who were sitting there thought to themselves, "What is he saying? This is blasphemy! Only God can forgive sins!" —Mark 2:5-7 NLT Key Thought Yes, the statement...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus said to the man with the deformed hand, "Come and stand in front of everyone." Then he turned to his critics and asked, "Does the law permit good deeds on the Sabbath, or is it a day for doing evil? Is this a day to save life or to destroy it?" But they wouldn't answer him. He looked...
Replies
Views
  • Article
So Jesus healed many people who were sick with various diseases, and he cast out many demons. But because the demons knew who he was, he did not allow them to speak. —Mark 1:34 NLT Key Thought Jesus' power was not limited. As the Son of God, he had power over all different kinds of diseases...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus went into the synagogue again and noticed a man with a deformed hand. —Mark 3:1 NLT Key Thought Jesus touched many people with his compassion, care, healing, comfort, and teaching. How did he reach so many people? Some came to him for healing because they had heard of his power over...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom