'Just Trust Me!' - Mark 5:35-36

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

While [Jesus] was still speaking to [the woman who touched his robe to be healed], messengers arrived from the home of Jairus, the leader of the synagogue. They told him, "Your daughter is dead. There's no use troubling the Teacher now."
But Jesus overheard them and said to Jairus, "Don't be afraid. Just have faith."

Mark 5:35-36 NLT

Key Thought​

When all seems lost, Jesus says, "Just trust me." In the darkest night, Jesus says, "Just trust me." While most of us know these words and find them easy to believe in church services when things are going well, they are often much tougher to believe when we find circumstances similar to what Jairus was facing. Fear paralyzes us! Fear controls our thoughts! Fear steals away our faith! So Jesus says, "Don't be afraid. Just trust me!" May God give us the strength to do just that when we face troubling times.

Today's Prayer​

O God, my Abba Father, please help me to trust Jesus and not listen to my fear. I especially need this gracious gift from you when I am struggling with the possible illness and death of a loved one. Come near and fill me, O Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
Jesus got into the boat again and went back to the other side of the lake, where a large crowd gathered around him on the shore. Then a leader of the local synagogue, whose name was Jairus, arrived. When he saw Jesus, he fell at his feet, pleading fervently with him. "My little daughter is...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A woman in the crowd had suffered for twelve years with constant bleeding. She had suffered a great deal from many doctors, and over the years she had spent everything she had to pay them, but she had gotten no better. In fact, she had gotten worse. She had heard about Jesus, so she came up...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus stopped the crowd and wouldn't let anyone go with him [to Jairus' house] except Peter, James, and John (the brother of James). —Mark 5:37 NLT Key Thought Jesus worked to grow people at all different levels of relationship and maturity. He invested especially in three apostles who...
Replies
Views
  • Article
As evening came, Jesus said to his disciples, "Let's cross to the other side of the lake." So they took Jesus in the boat and started out, leaving the crowds behind (although other boats followed). —Mark 4:35-36 NLT Key Thought Some things need to be shared in private. God's servants can't be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[The woman who had constant bleeding for twelve years] had heard about Jesus, so she came up behind him through the crowd and touched his robe. For she thought to herself, "If I can just touch his robe, I will be healed." Immediately the bleeding stopped, and she could feel in her body that she...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom