'Jesus Loves Us All' - Mark 5:23-24

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

"My little daughter is dying," [Jairus] said. "Please come and lay your hands on her; heal her so she can live."
Jesus went with him, and all the people followed, crowding around him.

Mark 5:23-24 NLT

Key Thought

We can easily make Jesus into a two-dimensional caricature of himself. He loved the poor, the weak, the downtrodden, the forgotten, and the marginalized and spoke harshly of those who abused their power and those who were hypocritical in their religion. Reality, however, dictates that we recognize that Jesus loves all people regardless of their social standing, economic circumstances, religious identity, gender, race, or background. Jesus came looking for those seeking God and recognized their need for God's work in their lives. So Jesus went with this man who was in many ways similar to those who would persecute and oppose him and would ultimately demand his crucifixion. Why did he go? Because he loved the man and because the man recognized his need for Jesus' help. This understanding leaves you and me with three important messages:
  1. Jesus loves us no matter what our background or past may be.
  2. He longs for us to admit our need for him and ask for his help.
  3. As Jesus' followers, we are called to love all people, too!

Today's Prayer

Lord God, Sovereign over all creation and the Father of all nations, please open my heart and my eyes to love all kinds of people like your Son demonstrated during his earthly ministry and now does from heaven. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings

Ⓒ 1996-2020 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
M0jDHy9FlZA

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
One Sabbath day as Jesus was walking through some grainfields, his disciples began breaking off heads of grain to eat. But the Pharisees said to Jesus, "Look, why are they breaking the law by harvesting grain on the Sabbath?" —Mark 2:23-24 NLT Key Thought Some people watch others who are...
Replies
Views
  • Article
While [Jesus] was preaching God's word to them, four men arrived carrying a paralyzed man on a mat. They couldn't bring him to Jesus because of the crowd, so they dug a hole through the roof above his head. Then they lowered the man on his mat, right down in front of Jesus. Seeing their faith...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Suddenly, a man in the synagogue who was possessed by an evil spirit cried out, "Why are you interfering with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are — the Holy One of God!" —Mark 1:23-24 NLT Key Thought One of the things that we will see again and again in the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus went into the synagogue again and noticed a man with a deformed hand. —Mark 3:1 NLT Key Thought Jesus touched many people with his compassion, care, healing, comfort, and teaching. How did he reach so many people? Some came to him for healing because they had heard of his power over...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus said to the man with the deformed hand, "Come and stand in front of everyone." Then he turned to his critics and asked, "Does the law permit good deeds on the Sabbath, or is it a day for doing evil? Is this a day to save life or to destroy it?" But they wouldn't answer him. He looked...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom