JESUS IS THE WORD

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

I sent my prophets to cut you to pieces. I have slaughtered you with my words, threatening you with death. [Lamentations 2:14a]

My people are defiled by prostituting themselves with other gods! [Hosea 6:10(b)]

God refers to those other gods, whose instructions people opt to follow, instead of following His, as "no-gods." God’s instruction are plain and simple: Extend love to one another through compassion, kindness, and mercy:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [John 1:1]

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. [John 1:14]

Again. Jesus’s death and resurrection on Calvary was not to save cities, but to save souls by giving the nations the opportunity to come to repentance:

Then God put Him in the place of honor at his right hand as Prince and Savior. He did this to give the people of *Israel an opportunity to turn from their sins and turn to God so their sins would be forgiven. [Acts 5:31]

Following man's counsel that instruct you to reject any part of God's Word, for whatever reason, whether that Word sounds sweet to the ear or not, is to reject Jesus. Yet those who reject Him still seek to use (abuse) Him as a cover for their ongoing sin:

This is what the Lord says: "Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans and turn their hearts away from the Lord." [Jeremiah 17:5]

Through the repentance/remission process, God promises to "remember our sins no more," which, I believe, is first recorded in the Old Testament book of Isaiah, and manifests in the New Testament acquittal of the woman caught in adultery. The stipulation for the "New Covenant" of acquittal, that's prophesied in the books of Isaiah and Jeremiah, remains the same:

"Go and sin no more."
[John 8:11b]

For indeed if we continue in sin, not only is there no more sacrifice for those sins, but it is by those continued sins that man, in abusing His name crucifies Jesus again and again.

The Light came to his own people, and his own people didn’t welcome him. [John 1:11]

Summary: This is how it works, in a nutshell:
  • To reject the messenger, is to reject the message, which comes from the Word of God.
  • To reject the Word of God, is to reject Christ, who is the Word of God.
  • To reject Christ, is reject your only way in to the Father.
  • To reject your only way in, Jesus, is to reject God.
Jesus said to him, I am the true and living way: no one comes to the Father but by Me. [John 14:6]

It is far more advantageous, and much easier to simply turn your back on your sin, just as God instructed.

Jesus is the whole Word, not just the New Testament, but all the way back to Genesis 1:1, the very beginning.

WORD OF GOD

Thanks be to God

*Israel is representational of the nations

Last edited:
Our dear Lord has come to this world to die for us and saving our lost souls and guiding our steps towards heaven and now we are the redeemed of the Lord who will be with Jesus in heaven for ages to come.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [John 1:1]

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. [John 1:14]

Genesis 1:1 - In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

The Word of God, which is God, was made flesh just like us in the form of Jesus Christ!

May the Lord God give us peace when studying His Word!

Similar Requests

• Article
God’s Word Is My Foundation John 1:1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Psalm 119:160: The entirety of Your Word is truth, and every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever. John 17:17: Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I CHARGE [you] in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, Who is to judge the living and the dead, and by (in the light of) His coming and His kingdom: Herald and preach the Word! Keep your sense of urgency [stand by, be at hand and ready], whether the opportunity seems to be favorable or...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Too much anger, too much hate, too much destruction, too many enemies we make when we do not have Jesus in our heart. Satan want us all destroyed, unhappy, unjoyful, without peace and joy in our hearts. Maybe we have forgotten to read Gods word to all of us.... Love one another as I have...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible Verses About Never Give Up Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Galatians 6:9 - And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Luke 1:37 - For with God nothing shall be impossible. 2 Chronicles 15:7 - Be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Lepers came to Him, the blind and the lame asked for mercy. Jesus never ever ignored anyone. With full of mercy and compassion all kinds of sickness from suffering people were healed. God is merciful and kind to those who believe, trust and wait for Him. Let us all praise and glorify His...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom