If God permits, my next few posts will devle deeper into this topic. However, today's focus is on this particular part that God set apart.

Luke 11 (NLT)

³⁹Then the Lord said to him, “You Pharisees are so careful to clean the outside of the cup and the dish, but inside you are filthy—full of greed and wickedness! ⁴⁰Fools! Didn’t God make the inside as well as the outside? ⁴¹So clean the inside by giving gifts to the poor, and you will be clean all over.

Here again, Jesus doubles down on "giving to the poor." 😄

I like the Amplified Bible translation: "But give that which is within as charity [that is, acts of mercy and compassion, not as a public display, but as an expression of your faithfulness to God], and then indeed all things are clean for you."
Luke 11:41

You can't just run out and give indiscriminately trying to get something in return. For God knows the heart.

It's not enough to simply look the part by walking two-by-two and qouting a few scriptures, to which you add unnecessary rituals. You must keep the scriptures in context. But, what a disservice you do to yourself and to those whom you represent when you intentionally withhold, even from one.

“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’"
Matthew 25:45 (NIV)​

For God does not show favoritism. Romans 2:11

For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.
Romans 2:13​
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Because everything comes from Him and exists by His power and is intended for His glory, God had already purposed to harden my hometown's heart. Yes, this is still my hometown; I can't change that. I did not choose her and, judging from her response to my assignment, she did not choose me...
Replies
0
Views
75
LIFE IN MY DAUGHTER DUMPS ### AND KICKS HIM HIS SISTER OUT FOR GOOD GREATLY IF I HEARD HIM RIGHT AND HER RIGHT JUDGING ME PUTTING ME DOWN TO TRY TO CAUSE HARM AND THEN HE TOLD HER TO SHUT UP DONT EVEN SPEAK HE IS WAY TO EVIL THATS INSANE. THIS ISNT THE FIRST TIME I HAVE HEARD HIM AND HIS SISTER...
Replies
9
Views
151
There are those who say that prophets of the Lord do NOT exist today. I believe that the five fold ministry including that of prophet exists today, Ephesians 4:11. With that said, I know that the Holy Ghost called, and placed me within the ministry of prophet. I do prophesy in the name of the...
Replies
7
Views
141
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,091,806
Messages
16,781,111
Members
648,362
Latest member
Kaisville

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom