Is saying untrue things a sin?

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Jesus said,"Let your yes mean yes, and your no, no"Liars are among the types of people we're told will not be in Heaven."And outside are...and anyone liking and carrying on a lie."Yet in my life,almost everyone I know has made false promises to me.Start with keeping in touch.How many times have I heard, after meeting new people on a trip, they'll gladly keep in touch.They respond the first time or if lucky, 2, then they "fade out."Second,even "friends."{?}I had an out of sight out of mind " friend" who I actually grew up with was friends with for several years, but when I moved away,although swearing high and low he'd keep in touch, he never responded to me, and when I was in the area and visited,he pretty much paid attention to his own things and ignored me.{Then why SAY you want to keep in touch?A lie?}A cousin of mine{who is also self-centered} did the same to me.professes interest to keep in touch, says she'll call back, but either doesn't or calls back a few weeks later, then gives me a ""short time limit" to talk.{After saying she likes keeping in touch.}And then, when it comes to money...there's almost an epidemic of this going around, where someone wants to borrow money{usually a big amount,and on short notice}you have the money set aside for other things,but against your better judgement you give them, but what happens?The promised time of payback comes, and they make excuses, set a new date,more excuses, after a while you see what the deal is.So what's up with all these false statements, that almost everyone I have dealt with has made?My cousin I mentioned even defends it.{"I didn't know keeping my word was so important."}{Compare to Jesus saying,"Let your yes mean yes, and your no, no."{Not ,"change your yes to no at your own feelings, despite your {false} promises."}So is this considered a form of lying, and a sign of the fallen nature?Maybe falls under the statement in the Bible "false to agreements?"P.S. The cousins son does the same thing,said he wanted my email to keep in touch, but never contacted me.

Last edited:
Jesus said,"Let your yes mean yes, and your no, no"Liars are among the types of people we're told will not be in Heaven."And outside are...and anyone liking and carrying on a lie."Yet in my life,almost everyone I know has made false promises to me.Start with keeping in touch.How many times have I heard, after meeting new people on a trip, they'll gladly keep in touch.They respond the first time or if lucky, 2, then they "fade out."Second,even "friends."{?}I had an out of sight out of mind " friend" who I actually grew up with was friends with for several years, but when I moved away,although swearing high and low he'd keep in touch, he never responded to me, and when I was in the area and visited,he pretty much paid attention to his own things and ignored me.{Then why SAY you want to keep in touch?A lie?}A cousin of mine{who is also self-centered} did the same to me.professes interest to keep in touch, says she'll call back, but either doesn't or calls back a few weeks later, then gives me a ""short time limit" to talk.{After saying she likes keeping in touch.}And then, when it comes to money...there's almost an epidemic of this going around, where someone wants to borrow money{usually a big amount,and on short notice}you have the money set aside for other things,but against your better judgement you give them, but what happens?The promised time of payback comes, and they make excuses, set a new date,more excuses, after a while you see what the deal is.So what's up with all these false statements, that almost everyone I have dealt with has made?My cousin I mentioned even defends it.{"I didn't know keeping my word was so important."}{Compare to Jesus saying,"Let your yes mean yes, and your no, no."{Not ,"change your yes to no at your own feelings, despite your {false} promises."}So is this considered a form of lying, and a sign of the fallen nature?Maybe falls under the statement in the Bible "false to agreements?"P.S. The cousins son does the same thing,said he wanted my email to keep in touch, but never contacted me.
Lying is a sin no matter how it is done.

A lie is rooted in fear (not to be confuse with reverence). A lie is a sin no matter how we package it. Lies are substandard living. Truth is bold, maybe painful but it is beneficial. The Truth will indeed set you free!

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Wonderful Savior and beutiful Lord has given to us a perfect company to be with us forever. Precious Holy Spirit of God, the Comforter who shall be with us for ages to come. Awake my heart with gladness. See what today is done. Now, after gloom and sadness. Comes forth the glorious sun. My...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Come and fill our hearts with joy and peace, send healing and mercy, we need You today and will need You for ages to come. When Jesus touches our heart. Healing comes along. His touch is an eternal touch. Full of blessings and help. There is nothing lacking anymore. His touch is final and a...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Real friendship exits when we make Jesus our chief and only Friend who will never ever forget us nor leave us all alone when everyone else did. It works. It creates bonds that are strong as a rock of ages. Jesus You are the sweetest name of all, Jesus, You always hears me when I call...
Replies
Views
  • Article
We shall forever boldly proclaim and declare the praises of His name. When His visitation is in our midst, let us all rejoice in Him and adore His holy name. Embracing the King of kings and the Lord of lords who full of loving care came to all of us to save us, help us and heal our broken...
Replies
Views
  • Article
This is the deepest desire of all saints of God who came this morning to church to honor, to praise and glorify the Lord. His holy presence was so real and sick people were healed, those possesed by satan were delivered and we all started to praise and honor the Lord for the wonderful things...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom